INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skipping and slowness...  (Read 893 times)

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Skipping and slowness...
« on: October 09, 2013, 05:51:43 am »

I was running MC18 (upgraded to MC19 this morning) and have been experiencing skipping and "slowness" during songs (almost like I gently rested my finger on a turntable while playing an album).

I am running MC on a quasi-dedicated computer. I say "quasi" because this box also runs Homeseer, which is the application that controls the Home Automation in my house. MC is responsible for audio only (multi-zone via a Delta M series card). The PC has an i3 3.30 gHz processor and 4 gigs of RAM in it. The system hard drive is SSD, so things tend to load quickly.

I never noticed this slowness or skipping until recently. I'm hoping the upgrade to MC19 might fix some of the issues, but am wondering if there are any other "tweaks" I could try to prevent this from re-occurring on the upgrade?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
GB
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Skipping and slowness...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 11:23:00 am »

While I didn't receive a response, I thought I would follow up on a possibility I hadn't thought of.

My hard drive crapped out about a month after this began. I restored my collection to a new drive and haven't had any issues since.

Soooo... skipping could also be a result of a faulty drive causing issues, I guess.
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Skipping and slowness...
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:43:37 am »

Enabling memory playback should help.

Tools > Options > Audio >Settings > Play files from memory instead of disk

There are a few improvements I'd like to see made to memory playback which should prevent this from happening at all though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up