INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show multiple embedded flac cover art images  (Read 8864 times)

leopold

Show multiple embedded flac cover art images
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:05:07 pm »

Hi, I just downloaded Media Center and am very excited about it - the customizability is exactly what I need.

However I can't figure out how to show more than the front cover for my albums. I ripped my collection with dbPoweramp to flac and embedded multiple images: front cover, back cover and sometimes additional pages of the booklet. dbPoweramp embeds these images in the tags of the flac file. Each embedded image also has a description, whether it is a "Front Cover", "Back Cover", "Leaflet Page", "Media", etc.
The images are correctly embedded, but in MC18 the album thumbnails only show the image contained in the "Front Cover" tag. In the left sidebar there is a menu "Image" (together with Action Window and Display), which says "<various images>". If I click "Rebuild Thumbnail" it updates and shows again only the "Front Cover".
The Image Tag in MC18 says "Inside File".

Is there really no possibility to view multiple embedded images? That would be very strange, given the huge number of features of MC.
Does MC expect different image name tags,...? How can I see all the images?

Thanks for your help!

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Show multiple embedded flac cover art images
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:31:44 pm »

Is there really no possibility to view multiple embedded images? That would be very strange, given the huge number of features of MC.

This is the case, and you're not the first person to ask about this, even in recent weeks. The development team work very hard bringing us new features, bug fixes etc. They may address this when they have time if there's sufficient demand for it. Or they may not. One thing you could do in the mean time is to use the images you have witihin the file and use them as part of a custom background slideshow.

leopold

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 10:05:26 am »

Thanks for your answer. I was actually looking for forum posts on this subject, but couldn't find them.
So is there a feature request where one can vote for this feature?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 12:32:29 pm »

The request wasn't for embedded art per se, but rather the ability to use multiple images, CD liners etc. If I stumble across it, I shall post the link in this thread.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 02:05:47 pm »

A file can only have a single thumbnail.

It might be neat if they could have more or movie thumbnails. 

But this is unlikely to change for v18, as it would be a big technical undertaking.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

leopold

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 03:00:16 pm »

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but did anything happen on this front? I'm still longing to see the multiple pages of booklets embedded in my flacs.
Why would that be a big undertaking? For the first image, that's embedded in the files it already works. Wouldn't it be just a couple lines of code to load the rest and have some buttons to browse through them?

Thanks!

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 04:17:07 pm »

Nope, MC can only show one embedded image, and stores only one embedded image.

I can think of many reasons why this is non-trivial, and more than just a few lines of code, but is it really worth having that discussion?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

leopold

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:00:19 am »

No, not worth to have that discussion I guess. But please add it to the list of new features for a future release, and if it's on there already, please move it up a bit.

connersw

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 10:13:38 am »

You can do it with a Slideshow.  You would need to import and tag all the images.  You would still only have one embedded image, but all the images could be displayed as the album plays.  AlexB would be your best bet for support since he does it. 

Here is a very old post with some links to get you started:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=printpage;topic=43844.0

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 12:24:46 pm »

@leopold, I'm just a user like you, but rest-assured JRiver reads all the posts.

This is an oft-asked for feature, and I'm sure JRiver would like to support it.  Recollection of the past conversations over the years tells me the feedback was that the internal architecture didn't lend itself to this so easily, so it was a lot of work.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up