INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues Initiating Playback Thru Gizmo on Client PC  (Read 1025 times)

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Issues Initiating Playback Thru Gizmo on Client PC
« on: December 30, 2013, 05:36:54 pm »

I'm having a few issues with initiating playback from Gizmo on a new Client PC.  Client Options are set up for No Conversion. 

1) After a track is finished, it comes out of Display View and goes into the previous View .  It does this whether I have the client set to start in Standard View or Theater View.  If I initiate playback from Gizmo in a zone on the Server PC, it stays in Display View as tracks change without issue.  Settings in General -> Behavior are the same on both machines.  (Jump on play (audio): None.  Jump on play (video): Display View. Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally is checked).

I can sort of fix this for videos by changing Jump on play (video) to Display View (even in Playing Now) to force it to stay in Display View.  If I use the same setting for Audio, it quickly flashes back to Standard or Theater View then goes back to Display View.  Very distracting between every track in a dark room.  There is no fix for Images. 

If I initiate playback thru Unified Remote, it stays in Display View just fine.

2)  When I initiate playback thru Gizmo, I loose complete access to the status bar.  I cannot slide it to change track position in Gizmo, and I cannot use the mouse to adjust it in MC on the client itself.  It shows empty on Gizmo (all the way left) and completely full (all the way right) on the Client PC. This is for both audio and video. 

Again, I have full access to both status bars when I initiate playback on the Server PC.  Also, I have access to the status bar on the Client PC if I initiate playback through Unified Remote.

3) I cannot use the Use device as Theater View remote on the Client.  It works fine on the Server PC.  I could have sworn I had used this option on a Client PC before, but maybe I am wrong.

Suggestion on any setting changes I need to make?  Are these bugs?

connersw

Re: Issues Initiating Playback Thru Gizmo on Client PC
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:30:12 am »

I figured out what I was doing before and failed to do this time.

I needed to add New server in Gizmo and put in the Access Key for the Client PC.  Then use the Client PC "server" to play from in Gizmo to initiate playback. 

A little confusing in terminology since I'm still playing the Library from the Server PC. 

Initiating playback this way solves all 3-issues, and it explains 2 and 3.  However jumping out of Display View still seems buggy to me.  Or maybe I'm still missing a setting?  If I do it the other way around: Set Gizmo server to the Client PC and initiate playback into a zone on the Server PC it stays in Display View.  Why is it popping out on the Client PC? 

csimon

Re: Issues Initiating Playback Thru Gizmo on Client PC
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 06:40:42 am »

A little confusing in terminology since I'm still playing the Library from the Server PC. 

Yes!  :)  In MC terms, there is no central server PC. If you want to control several different PCs then they all have to be library servers.  You then choose which of the servers you wish to load the library from onto the server you want to control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up