INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ-MP3's & Nero Burning Rom -> Write Error  (Read 1704 times)

Fretwalker

MJ-MP3's & Nero Burning Rom -> Write Error
« on: February 28, 2002, 01:35:42 pm »

Hi there,
when I try to burn an Audio-CD of MP3's encoded or edited by MJ, Nero says good-bye at that moment, when it starts normalizing...no normalizing -> no error! This happens not, when I decode the files into waves before burning them!
So I tried to burn a little older files encoded by some different software and everything's o.k. - that's why I thing it must have something to do with MJ... - but stop, this whole thing does not appear in any way by operating on Win98SE - regarding the errors I'm talking about working with WinXP and the newest version of Nero - does MJ write some kind of tags, that makes Nero flip around while testing my nerves? (-;

Michael Horton

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:MJ-MP3's & Nero Burning Rom -> Write Error
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 09:09:26 pm »

fretwalker

you're not being ignored--that's a tough one

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2002, 10:38:38 am »

Fretwalker

I have nero, and it and MJ works fine.

I did have a small problem after i reinstalled Windows XP, and that was that i needed to install ASPI correctly
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2002, 12:00:19 pm »

Fretwalker,

Did you try using MJ CD Writer?

Nikolay

Fretwalker

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2002, 12:57:28 pm »

So, I have ASPI 4.70 correctly installed and MJ CD-Writer does also work correctly - even burning Data-CD-ROM's works fine, just when it starts to check the sound volume of the songs in order to normalize them it quits, if I burn them without any effect, everything's ok...everything correctly installed, latest ASPI, new system-driver, the whole system's working fine...I guess I need some help - don't wanna miss Nero on my newly installed good-looking XP ! (-;

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2002, 01:42:29 pm »

Sounds like a bug. What version of MJ are you using?

Please include you System Information.

Regards,
Nikolay Sokratov
CTO, JRiver, Inc.

RAVMAN

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2002, 03:15:34 pm »

Why have Adaptec 4.70 ASPI layer, when Nero has its own and doesn't require an external ASPI?

Go to Nero.com download page, and download WNASPI32.dll and copy into the directory of any program that complains it needs ASPI or copy it the Windows\system32 folder that will catch all. WinXP doesn't have ASPI built in but you really shouldn't need it anymore. MJ uses a generic driver that works fine without ASPI or you can use the Nero WNASPI32.dll.

Fretwalker

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2002, 03:15:46 pm »

Nicolai, here's my System Info, Nero Version is 5.5.7.8. I really hope, you can help me in solving that problem, thanx a lot!

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.217
CPU: AMD Athlon 1531 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 314 MB
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

RAVMAN

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2002, 03:55:55 pm »

Just downloaded the latest Nero posted today 5.5.7.8 and installed it, then tried to reproduce the error posted here. No problems on my machine using files that were ripped into VBR MP3s using MJ 8.0.217. Normalize filter in Nero also worked without a problem.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.217

CPU: AMD Athlon 951 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 451 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.43 , Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2001 Ahead Software AG
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Fretwalker

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2002, 12:35:19 am »

RAVMAN,
thanx for response...ok, Nero ASPI is in the Nero Folder (V.2.0.1.45) and it should use that one or do you think it uses the regular one in the system32 folder instead just because it is present? It thought it is ok, having it installed for any other applications and finally I have the errors with Nero itself...so I can try to uninstall Adaptec-ASPI and see what will happen...
Why do I get this error only when the files has to be normalized by Nero? It starts to read them out and in a second it stops and says (I try to translate in english): >The instruction at "0x2000348a" referenced memory at "0x018856ec". The memory could not be "written".< I gues it must have to do with the condition of these files...
Other thing, RAVMAN, I thought, I'm doing something good to my system by installing ASPI, why do you think, Nero is the better choice?

Fretwalker

RAVMAN

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2002, 02:56:49 am »

The new ASPI has been reported not to work with all applications, and Adaptec/Roxio releases are buggy. If you are using Nero, I would use theirs (ASPI) since you know it is compatible. If I were you, I would try uninstalling ASPI layer. If there is no uninstall, try doing a search for wnaspi32.dll and delete the one in windows\system32 directory. Also don't install any other burning software like Easy CD, etc. since many don't get along well. Nero and MJ seem to work fine together on my machine, but I have no Roxio/Adaptec products which are well known for causing problems with other CD burning apps. Also, try disabing the XP built in crap, by going to MY Computer, right click on the CD burner drive, click properties, Recording tab, and disable the recording function. You can also go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, then Disable IMAPI CD- Burning COM Service. This will help Nero and other apps so they don't need to compete with the built in Roxio stuff that was included with XP.

Good Luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up