INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unmounting .iso Image Upon Stopping Movie  (Read 1181 times)

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

• Recent member
Unmounting .iso Image Upon Stopping Movie
« on: December 24, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »

Hi There!

New jriver user here and currently under the evaluation period.  I have a question for the more experienced users.

Is it possible for MC19 to automatically unmount the .iso images when the movie has been stopped?  Currently it stays mounted I believe until a new movie is selected and mounted.  I'm a little concerned when I add a blu-ray drive to my htpc to playback off of it will always want to play the movie mounted in the virtual clone drive.

What's the best method for handling mounting and more specifically unmounting images?  As a former xbmc user you had to update a script to unmount the images.  Do you have to do something similar for MC19.

Thanks In Advance!
MD

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unmounting .iso Image Upon Stopping Movie
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:59:25 pm »

Any physical drive you insert will simply be seen as a new disk inserted. MC will ask you whether you want to play it or not, like it would for any other disk. You do not have to unmount a virtual disk image, sinc eit will not have the same drive letter as a physical one.

Having said that, I would still like for a disk image to be ejected when playback has stopped, because it's not possible to write tags to the file while it's mounted.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 03:39:01 pm »

Per-drive controls for autoplay, and an option to automatically eject discs when playback is stopped would be really nice. (though I would probably not make use of the latter)

If I have inserted a physical disc, it's because I'm about to rip it.
If I have mounted an image, I probably want it to play automatically.

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »

So it sounds like there is no way to unmount the image via MC.  Only selecting a new image (movie) will unmount the old one.  Interesting.

Thanks for all the help guys.

MD
Pages: [1]   Go Up