INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client hangs in 19.0.67  (Read 1165 times)

klauss

• Recent member
Client hangs in 19.0.67
« on: November 17, 2013, 10:37:20 am »

JRiver installed the most recent update (67) a few days ago. I am running in a client / server configuration and since that update all my clients hang when I select a tv show that I want to play. If I am lucky it will just cause a very lengthy delay after I pick a show. Build 54 did not have that problem at all.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Client hangs in 19.0.67
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 10:44:16 am »

74 is available at the top of the MC19 board.  It's worth a try. 

klauss

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 01:16:23 pm »

Well, I just installed .100 and it still has the same issue. I talked to a friend who is seeing the same thing. My client is wireless. In .54 when I select a video it starts pretty much the moment I click 'Watch'. In .100 it takes about a full minute before it starts playing.

I tested this a bit more and noticed the following:
1) When I start a recorded show (JRiver recorded TV - i.e. .ts file) the show starts pretty fast - no issue here
2) When I start an imported .mp4 video I see very long delays via wireless and still delays via Ethernet
3) An imported HD (m2ts) also starts very fast - no issue either

I still have a wireless client running .54 and that works like a charm

I'd appreciate if you could take a look at it. It's easy to repro in a client / server config over wireless.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 01:36:43 pm »

Well, I just installed .100 and it still has the same issue.

I still have a wireless client running .54 and that works like a charm

I'd appreciate if you could take a look at it. It's easy to repro in a client / server config over wireless.

well you are lucky it works at all if one of the clients is running a different version. Or are you saying that you reloaded version 54 on each machine and that works fine?

Make sure the PC running media server is using version 100 and all of the clients. Maybe you have set the streaming options differently too. Do you have different zones set up with some with no compression and some with?

My wireless is so slow I could never stream using original or a high bandwidth option, but that's just me. I sort of remember though other having problems with mp4 files -- maybe a thorough search might get something faster than a response on New Years day

klauss

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 02:03:39 pm »

Here is what I did:
1) Run the server and all clients using .54 - Result: Everything works as expected
2) Upgraded the server and all clients to .100 - Result: See previous report (i.e. wireless clients are close to unusable)
3) Downgraded one wireless client to .54 and left the server at .100 (I know it's not supported) - Result: The .54 client that did not work before is now working again.

BTW: My wireless network is quite good. I can stream .ts full HD video without any problems.

Clearly, something changed after .54 that is causing problems with .mp4 videos and it's more visible over wifi than (gigabit) Ethernet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up