INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Match  (Read 2013 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Auto Match
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

Auto-Match

We must have an option to turn it off.  I don't want channels I have no interest in appearing in my guide, in Standard or Theater View.  I go to the trouble of removing all of the XMLTVIDs from the channel list, load the guide and find they are all back again.

It should not be on by default.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Auto Match
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 08:34:27 pm »

Auto Match is not executed unless you click on the "Auto Match" button.

There must be something else that is causing the problem. Did you run guide loading manually and make sure the program-channel association is correct for each channel?

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

NickF

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 01:43:17 am »

I use my TV Smartlist and remove the TVXMLID from the channels I don't want to show in the guide.  When I run load guide, the ID is re-associated without clicking Auto Match.  I notice that the pop up which asked whether to keep existing matches doesn't show anymore.  The problem is repeatable.

Let me know if you need any more info.

I also note that MC will make matches between channels and an identifier when the relevant identifier has already been used, preventing a wanted guide entry from being loaded due to the duplication.  I really feel that it should be legal to use an identifier more than once.  Is it MC logic which loads the guide against the identifier or mc2xml?  This constraint should be removed.

Nick.

HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 11:13:20 am »

How about running the EPG loading manually once, and near the end, examine the pairing carefully and make corrections as necessary?

NickF

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 12:15:26 pm »

Yes, that works.  But Auto Match is clearly being invoked every time the load guide option is used.

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 02:59:20 pm »

Yes, that works.  But Auto Match is clearly being invoked every time the load guide option is used.

Nick.

Thanks.  I will look into it after the holidays.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 04:52:21 pm »

One thought -

The channels that you do not want to be in the Guide, are they ever going to be needed?  If you will not ever want to use the channels, hide them.

NickF

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 08:54:19 am »

One thought -

The channels that you do not want to be in the Guide, are they ever going to be needed?  If you will not ever want to use the channels, hide them.

I know how to hide them in Theater View.  Can I hide them in Standard View?

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 09:42:09 am »

TV Options... > Hidden Channels.  Scroll through the drop-down list and put a check mark on any channel that you want hidden.

NickF

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 01:59:00 pm »

TV Options... > Hidden Channels.  Scroll through the drop-down list and put a check mark on any channel that you want hidden.
Thanks, I hadn't found that.  Very useful.

It would be nice to make it a bit more efficient.  I just ticked over a thousand channels and I haven't finished yet!  How about selecting the channels using common Windows methods with SHIFT and select to select blocks then having a Hide button to hide selected channels?  I could have saved hundreds of mouse clicks.

Nick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up