INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send to external player  (Read 1195 times)

joelha

• Junior Woodchuck
Send to external player
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:56:26 pm »

Is there any way at all to make the "send to external player" command a default?

So if I want to be able to use the Foobar player as the audio player, instead of constantly manually having to send files to that player, I could do so by setting that player as the default?

I love how configurable MC is. Here's hoping it's configurable to the extent described above.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joel

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Send to external player
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 12:58:37 am »

I think the better solution would be to figure out why you aren't using Media Center for playback and fix that.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 01:33:56 pm »

I think the better solution would be to figure out why you aren't using Media Center for playback and fix that.

Completely agreed.  Using MC directly for audio playback would be the best option.

However...

You can set up MC to launch any file it imports via external players as you see fit.  You can set them by file-type:

Options > File Types

Select the file type, or types (note: you can shift-select multiple file types in the list and apply the change at once) and change the Playback Method.  You can choose to play them with the Windows-default player (the one associated with that filetype in Windows), a specific external player, or different methods of playback from within MC.

Again, though, I'd recommend against this unless you have a specific use-case that MC can't handle well.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

joelha

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 01:53:28 pm »

Thanks a lot for the advice, Glynor.

And on Christmas no less.

Very nice of you.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up