INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to skin track info space?  (Read 1895 times)

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
Possible to skin track info space?
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:22:24 am »

Is it currently possible for users to skin the track info area on the playing now screen?

If not, are you planning to add this functionality, similar to the Windows version?

Thanks

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Possible to skin track info space?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:05:53 pm »

I'm not much of a skinning expert, but as far as I know, the skinning capabilities should be pretty similar between the Windows and Mac versions.  If not there may be a bug to fix.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:21:26 pm »

John,

In the Standard View of the Windows version, you can set the track info skin by right clicking in this space while a track is playing.  Then a menu is displayed that lists the track info skins that are installed. These are located in a directory called "Visualizations/Track Info". The Track Info skins consist of the htlml and css files that control what info is displayed in this space.

In the Mac version, this directory doesn't exist and there is no capability to right click in the track info area to get to this menu. Would be great if this functionality could be added like the Windows version. If you don't want to add, I would settle for being able to manually edit the files if I knew where they were. Currently the Mac version just displays the cover art but I would like to be able to skin this area.

Hope that makes sense.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 06:02:03 pm »

Thanks for the very concise explanation.  I'll take a look at this when I get back to the JRiver office after the Holidays.

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 09:41:49 pm »

John,

I see in the latest version you added the right click menu to access additional cover options in display view. Thanks for that, much appreciated. Any thoughts on also adding the ability to select track info skins similar to the windows version? If not, is there any way currently for users to skin this area when tracks are playing.

Keep up the good work!

MtnBeachBum

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:39:30 pm »

I would be interested in this functionality being added as well.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 03:23:42 pm »

John,

I see in the latest version you added the right click menu to access additional cover options in display view. Thanks for that, much appreciated. Any thoughts on also adding the ability to select track info skins similar to the windows version? If not, is there any way currently for users to skin this area when tracks are playing.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks.  I added the right-click options and got about half-way to supporting Track Info views.  Hopefully it won't be too long.

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 05:22:47 pm »

Great news, thank you John.   

MtnBeachBum

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 02:02:53 am »

Sweet!

Dan1970