INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash during playback  (Read 1283 times)

Aleph2

Crash during playback
« on: February 27, 2002, 03:06:08 pm »

Bug report:

When playing songs for a while (15  minutes?), MJ starts behaving strangely.  The playback panel flashes "Buffering..." all the time and, after a while, the music starts breaking up.  When I try to stop playback, it fades out, then "Buffering..." appears and MJ locks up.  The volume is left at 0.  The only way to exit is to kill the process.

Platform:  MJ 8.0.215 (same problem on previous few versions), cross-fade between tracks, fadeout on stop, mega-me, visualization showing, playing mostly WMA with some MP3s, WinME (latest fixes & updates, including Media Player).

Any ideas?  Thanks.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Crash during playback
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 04:59:41 pm »

We have seen this problem and we are chasing it.  The tough thing is that it only appears on certain machines.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Aleph2

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 06:57:59 pm »

Jim,

I can supply full configuration details if that will help.  Also, if you'd like me to run some specially instrumented version, I can do that too.  The bug makes MJ kinda useless for me right now.  

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2002, 06:45:37 am »

Try build 217. There were a lot of fixes that might take care of the problem.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Aleph

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 12:45:39 am »

I just installed 218, and it's still broken...

JimH

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 03:32:09 am »

It is possible that your problem is not an MJ problem.  Try taking a look at some of the other "crash..." posts here.  There are many other possibilities.

Aleph2

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2002, 05:30:15 pm »

Hi Jim,

It's not impossible that the problem is elsewhere, but I tend to suspect MJ since 7.x didn't exhibit this behaviour.  Have the playback routines changed drastically in 8.x?

Anyway, I'll take a look at the other posts when I've got a moment.

Wash State

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2002, 11:03:42 pm »

I find you statment that it is possible that the playback crash problem is not related to MJ very hard to believe.  I installed MJ 8 on Windows ME.  Crash crash crash.  Before that, MJ 7.2 ran okay.

CharlesC

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2002, 11:47:18 pm »

I just started using the trial v7.2.280 a few days ago, and let me say what a breath of fresh air it is after RealJukebox Plus!  MJ is a great program.

Anyway, I installed the v8 Beta, exited to see what it did.  It started crashing, so I went back to v7.  Running it on XP, PIII 700, 256 MB.

Annoying thing is that having put v7 back on, it now says I have exceeded my 30 days, and has locked out some features.  I have only started using it about 5 days ago.

One quick comment on v8 versus v7.  I liked the CD icons more in v7.  It was clearer on my TV (via Entertainement PC) than the new small people icons.  Any chance of a choice?

Looks like a great program, I'll almost certainly be switching.  Like the extensibility of it, the plug-ins (remotes, DSP etc.).  Also this list, good to be able to communicate.

Charles,
Paris, France
Pages: [1]   Go Up