INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with choosing the right components and set up for home stereo, please?  (Read 1034 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life

This may be a little on the side of the common MC topics (?), but as I suppose several of you have spent some time considering the same issues, I use this forum to ask for an advice of how to set up a proper home computer system, of which MC plays a major role.

Background: I’m running MC19 on a Windows 2TB desktop. I’m also using a laptop as a client, from which I may run MC through a HDMI wire to my HiFi system. Recently, I bought an Ipad air, using it to send wireless signals (among which MC/JRemote) to AppleTV. Works like a dream.
As my PC (and monitor) now both need to be changed, I was looking for alternative ideas to set up my library. And I'm likely to convert to Mac.

What seem to be the alternatives to me are:
- Buy an iBook, using my desktop as storage for my music and pictures files, alternatively storing them on an external HD (hence avoiding any software or OS conflicts)
- Buy an iMac (1TB), using my old desktop or EHD for storage.

I'm currently using 777 GB, including OS and software, of which the "My Music" folder takes 125 GB of space.

I live in Norway, so not all of the solutions involving third party software, may be available here.

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up