INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac License Problem  (Read 1296 times)

busa

• Recent member
Mac License Problem
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:48:02 pm »

Hi

There is a known Issue with MACs that they sometimes change the Network/System Name as soon as they wake from Sleep. As the License is bound to this Name, MC will unregister if the User doesn't change the the Name back before MC starts. So i need sometimes 1-2 License Restores in just one Week because my MC is starting automatically in my Mediacenter. :-( Would be really nice, it MC wouldn't bind to the Name as apple did not fix the Problem in the last few Years.

Thx!

busa

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mac License Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 02:32:15 pm »

What does it rename itself to?  Is it adding a "(2)" to the end of the name?  If so, maybe there's something else on your network with the same name, you could change the name to something unique.

Which version of OSX is this?  Maybe updating to the latest might help.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

busa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:29:04 pm »

Yes, it is adding a suffix like "(<number>)" to the Name. But there is no other Device in the Network and also happens if i rename the Computer to some other Name.
It is a known Bug with MAC OS X that only happens if the Mac is waking up from Sleep. Im allready on the newst Version, but the Problem remains (since a few versions by the way). So easiest would be if the License binds to the MAC-Adress ore someting else, but not the Hostname :-)

2minikan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 04:24:53 pm »

Dear sir,

I have the same issue as the gentlemen above. Is there a fix/workaround? If you look up my name and key you'll see I have used 5 restores in the last 40 days, these were all on the same system MBP 17inch late 2011, Samsung SSD and 16gig RAM, on OSX 10.9.1, MC 19.0.84. I am concerned that I will run out of system restores before I build my sever, is there some way to get my restores back until we can figure out a solution? Aside from this Mac, I plan on adding a couple new machines this year (server, Mother in law wants a laptop and middle schooler is starting to need his own machine) and update OS's on my remaining old machines (aforementioned server being rebuilt) I am currently on a 30 day restore schedule, which will take up 12 restores by the end of the year to keep MC registered on this MAC.

Any guidance will be appreciated,

P.S. I have been a fan and registered user of MC since it was jukebox, love the product and I believe you guys do an awesome job for me, Thank you.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:38:27 pm »

If you happen to run out of restores, just ask here and we'll reset it so you'll again have the full complement.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up