INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with importing files in build 19.0.100  (Read 1524 times)

sebassie

• Recent member
Problem with importing files in build 19.0.100
« on: December 22, 2013, 03:49:20 pm »

After upgrading to build 100 the library shows problems. When adding files all seems to go well, but the process ends with an empty window (‘double click to add files’). Restoring a backup gives same problem. When starting adding files manually I get a beach ball. Force quit necessary. After installing build 100 from scratch and building the library build 100 finds 16305 folders out of 20161 present. To compare I installed mc19 Windows (running on the same mac under parallels desktop) and built a library. Now 19914 folders were found (some problems with long filenames etc.). So my conclusion is that build 100 has a library bug. I encountered never any library problem with previous versions. Downgrading seems impossible as I could not find an earlier build on the website. I hope this can be fixed soon as I cannot use mc mac without a proper library handling.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 19.0.100 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 07:54:15 am »

After upgrading to build 100 the library shows problems. When adding files all seems to go well, but the process ends with an empty window (‘double click to add files’). Restoring a backup gives same problem. When starting adding files manually I get a beach ball. Force quit necessary. After installing build 100 from scratch and building the library build 100 finds 16305 folders out of 20161 present. To compare I installed mc19 Windows (running on the same mac under parallels desktop) and built a library. Now 19914 folders were found (some problems with long filenames etc.). So my conclusion is that build 100 has a library bug. I encountered never any library problem with previous versions. Downgrading seems impossible as I could not find an earlier build on the website. I hope this can be fixed soon as I cannot use mc mac without a proper library handling.
The previous build is here: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190088.dmg
But first, could try another import of your media and then send me a Media Center log file?  (logs at jriver dot com).  Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

sebassie

• Recent member
Re: Problem with importing files in build 19.0.100
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:16:32 pm »

Thanks John,
I sent you the log file as requested

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 08:08:01 pm »

The import in the Windows product may be different because it imports audio/video/image files whereas the Mac version only imports audio files.

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 10:48:28 pm »

The import in the Windows product may be different because it imports audio/video/image files whereas the Mac version only imports audio files.

In both I import the same audio files, no video or image files.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:28 pm »

The JRiver office is closed for the Holidays until January 2nd, but in the meantime, could you locate one or more of the files that imported in Windows but won't import on Mac and then try a manual import?  If it still doesn't import, you could use Dropbox or something similar to send us one of these files and we'll take a look at it went we get back to the office.  Just send the link to the same email address as for the log file.

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 12:01:08 am »

I solved the problem. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up