INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD ISO Track Renaming not Sticking  (Read 3386 times)

elderavelas

• World Citizen
SACD ISO Track Renaming not Sticking
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:50:29 pm »

I have a SACD ISO file that has its 2 channel track names incorrect. The SACD was encoded with the wrong names. The source disk has the same problem while playing on a SACD player.
I am able to change the names of the tracks on MC19 to the correct ones but every time the library is updated with a new album the names of the SACD ISO tracks returns to the encoded names.
Changens on other tag fields (that were originally blank), like genre and year, remain but the track names don't.
It looks like MC reads again the encoded info and discard the changes every time the library is updated.
The same problem happens when MC is closed and the reopened. Just after startin MC, the changes are there but they are reset after a while.
Is there a way to make the name (and possibly other encoded info) changes permanent?

Thanks and regards.

Elder

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: SACD ISO Track Renaming not Sticking
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 05:55:27 pm »

Could you please check the Date Imported tag?  Is it the original date or does it change to the current date every time the file names change (as if they are getting re-imported)?

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 06:23:51 pm »

Could you please check the Date Imported tag?  Is it the original date or does it change to the current date every time the file names change (as if they are getting re-imported)?

It is the original date.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 06:57:20 pm »

There is something else. Some SACD ISO's have stereo and multichannel tracks. I do not have a multichannel DAC, therefore the m-ch tracks cause problem. I can remove the m-ch tracks from the library but they will eventually come back later after a library update or after restarting MC. I noticed this issue since the first time I added a SACD ISO to my library. If I am not wrong, this was still on MC18.
In this issue, the deleted tracks reapear with Date Imported tag updated to the time they reapeared.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 07:54:11 am »

Thanks for checking.  The reason I asked is I have the same problem with multi-channel tracks, and I was curious if it was related.  Sounds like it is two separate issues. 

Glad to see I am not the only one having issues with the multi-channel tracks re-importing though.  I have basically been talking to myself about it in this thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84939.msg585949#msg585949  It seems to be tied to Media Server opening and closing. 

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 10:00:40 am »

May I suggest to get rid of multichannels tracks using Customize view?

I set the rule for displaying tracks:
channels -  is less or egual to  - 2

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 10:17:44 am »

Great tip! It is an excelent way to get rid of the multichannel tracks.
Thanks!

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 10:31:04 am »

Thanks for checking.  The reason I asked is I have the same problem with multi-channel tracks, and I was curious if it was related.  Sounds like it is two separate issues. 

Glad to see I am not the only one having issues with the multi-channel tracks re-importing though.  I have basically been talking to myself about it in this thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84939.msg585949#msg585949  It seems to be tied to Media Server opening and closing. 

Sorry I missed your thread when I was searching for the issue I was experiencing.

The customize view feature may be used as work around for your case, that do not want to get rid of the multichannel tracks but want to have them separated from the stereo ones. You can create separated custom views, with appropriate rules" for stereo and multichannel. Like "Album Stereo" and "Album Multichannel".

Anyway, I think that if any changes in tags are allowed and work, at least for a while, are supposed to became permanent until we decide to import the album again.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up