INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to redo library every time I boot  (Read 1268 times)

rye-flyrodder

Need to redo library every time I boot
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »

I'm attempting to run a Mac mini with MC 19, a LAN with a cisco switch and a Synology 4 bay NAS also on the switch.
I have the IP of the NAS and have been able to map it as a drive so it shows up as a drive icon on the mac desktop
and I can address it thru the mac finder and see the folder on the NAS that has all the apple lossless files and then load this into
a MC library but have to clear the library and reload every time I turn the computer back on.
Not sure if I need to have media server in the tools>advanced>media server drop down turned on or what?

MC sees and plays the files fine after I reload them into the library but have to go thru the clear and reload process in library manager every
time I turn the machine on..first venture into using a NAS as the storage box and more then a little frustrating...
Thankx in advance for any help.

wally

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Need to redo library every time I boot
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 11:15:58 pm »

Are you importing the files directly as a "local" library, or using a DNLA shared library as an import?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rye-flyrodder

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:31:13 pm »

I have the library as a local library in the "add Library" drop down...
When I try to add a new library on the "library Server button the program will not take either the IP address for the synology diskstation (the ip address that I have will load the nas as a mapped drive but the address is short a five digit number as per the example in the Add Library>library server drop down.
I went to tools>options>media network and generated an access code and tried this instead of an ip address and again it does not work either.

I also have an issue with the mac when i boot it it makes me manually connect to the NAs by Finder>Go>connect to server
Ounce I do this step and reload the library by clearing the old one and then clicking on Audio in the left tree structure it brings an empty list in the right pane that asks to double click to add files, which I do and use the local option even though I point the program to the files on the NAs.

I hope this makes sense....

wally

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »

Just add the file system paths to Auto-import, for the default local library.  No need to add a new library.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up