INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Curious Problem with Flac and embedded CUE Sheets  (Read 1254 times)

Freadus

• Recent member
Curious Problem with Flac and embedded CUE Sheets
« on: January 05, 2014, 11:10:51 am »

Hello,

I am having a curious issue with embedded cue sheets and FLAC files....it appears to be the same problem that Vocalpoint had in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61933.msg422495#msg422495  when he said "1. Oddly - MC did read specific cue files correct upon initial import. But removing a target folder and re-importing to the same library does not seem to work."

I know that embedded cue's aren't officially supported but I also see that a lot of work has been done, hence me downloading the program as this is essential functionality for me in a media centre (lots of FLAC's with embedded cues).

I was over the moon after trying a number of different HTPC packages when JRiver automatically scanned all my media and I could see that the FLAC's had been added and the cue files read and were just working. However all the duplicate MP3's I keep for my mobile devices had also been picked up. No bother I thought, rather than go through all the files and remove by hand I will just clear the library and start from scratch but just pick my Flac folder. However doing this just imports the files and doesn't seem to pick up on the embedded cue files anymore. I must be doing something wrong as it obviously worked the first time when it automatically imported.

For the record I keep the cue files as separate files in an "extras" folder in the same folder as each allbums FLAC as a back up to the embedded cue. I have tried both unticking the cue file from the import options in case that was causing some sort of issue, and also leaving it ticked with the same result. I also tried with the option to include files previously deleted from a library selected and unselected with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Freadus

• Recent member
Re: Curious Problem with Flac and embedded CUE Sheets
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 01:55:43 pm »

How very odd....i accidentally clicked ont he installer for jriver from my start menu and it went through the installation again, however when it loaded up there was my library as before, so deleted it and tried to import the single folder as i did before and this time it worked, all the flacs added and cue's recognised. Very perculiar as the library was still there and hadn't been erased from the install and it hadn't treid to autimatically add files which is what had happened previously. What I can report is that the import process took a lot longer than it had previously (though not that much in real time, perhaps 3 mins as opposed to 1)....
Pages: [1]   Go Up