INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move the OSD in full screen view  (Read 895 times)

Marco82

Move the OSD in full screen view
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:44:45 am »

Hello guys

the first thing I wanted to apologize for my poor English.

Then, I also wanted to compliment for the wonderful software that have created, really great for my use.

But I wanted to share with you my request, which perhaps may be of help to others. In my set up I have a projector and a screen in 21:9 format. When I project a film in 21:9 format, black bars you see on a 16:9 screen are out of the visible area of the screen.

For this reason, the osd of JRiver, is not displayed. Wondered so if there is a way to move above the black bands, such information, as in audio volume or the duration of the film.

Attached 2 pictures that I hope explain better than words what I need.

The image number 1 JRiver is normal, the image number 2 is as it should be for my set up.

If it were possible, this software would be really perfect for me.

I'm wait for your news.

Thanks in advance.

Marco82

Re: Move the OSD in full screen view
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 05:32:19 pm »

Any help?  :'(

Marco82

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:25:05 pm »

please help, it is very important to me! :'(

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 08:05:39 pm »

You may need to ask one of the developers very nicely if this could be developed as a new optional feature.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 08:12:17 pm »

The answer is: No, it's not possible.

This is a subject which is addressed regularly in similar context on the board, i.e. scaling Theater/Display View on wide screen and all nasty little side effects, like OSD placement.
I'm also looking forward to improvements in this line and my current impression is that it's probably not on top of the agenda but since Standard View got already treated in terms of 21:9 display we may possibly expect some efforts in Theater & Display View as well, maybe within v19. Comments from Gurus and Expert are highly appreciated here :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up