INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nested folder import rules  (Read 702 times)

linFox

Nested folder import rules
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:48:19 pm »

Hi there. I'm finally getting started organising my media with JRiver and had a question about importing/tagging one of my folder structures.

I have a top-level folder, M:\Media, as a folder to import and add tags to. It has lots of subfolders and files.
One or two of those subfolders I'd now like to tag differently to everything else in the parent. MC doesn't seem to let me add those subfolders as different import rules though, they just disappear once I close the import rule dialog.

Without moving my folders around or creating a rule for every subfolder (hundreds), is there a way to accomplish this, ie. apply some different tags on some subfolders and then a default/catch-all rule on the parent for everything else? Am I thinking about this the right way?

Thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Nested folder import rules
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 08:47:02 pm »

You could conditionally apply tags by testing the [Filename (path)] field in your import rules for a given folder tree.  Some examples:

if(isequal([Filename (path)], \SomePathComponent\, 7), Some Value, the Default Value)

If you want to test more than a single folder in one rule:

if(regex([Filename (path)], /#\\(?:SomePathComponent|SomeOtherPathComponent)\\#/), Some Value, the Default Value)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

linFox

Re: Nested folder import rules
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »

Ok that seems to be doing what I need. I was thinking something like that should be right, gotta get my head around the expression syntax a little more. Thanks for the advice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up