INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging?  (Read 997 times)

robgil

• World Citizen
Tagging?
« on: January 07, 2014, 04:48:08 pm »

I have a lot of albums on my hard drive and in some albums the tags are not consistant, this means that when I look through my albums with JR some appear more than once and dont carry all the songs within that album.

Is there a way to automatically re-tag an entire album? Doing it by inputting manually will take forever as I have quite a few like this.

Most are WAV , Flac or various 24bit files.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Tagging?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 05:40:29 pm »

Can you derive the Album and Artist names from the file paths?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 05:46:16 pm »

If you are looking for some kind of way to magically select all of your files, right-click, choose "do the awesome", and it just "fixes" everything to your perfect specifications, then no.

MC provides many excellent tools to enable the easy, high-volume fixing of these problems, though.  In fact, that is one area I'd say MC excels in above all others.  A few tips:

1. Learn about tagging in the Panes.  This is often, the simplest and fastest way to fix tagging issues like the ones you describe when it has to be done manually.
2. Review this thread for more details on strategies to use the metadata you have available in the filesystem to correct your tags in an efficient, powerful workflow.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

robgil

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 03:41:21 pm »

Thanks guys, sussed it. I can also do it through the auto tag feature on winamp but I ended up loading one album at a time into JR and fixing the tags that way, very time consuming but it left nothing to chance.
Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up