INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple files won't open from windows explorer  (Read 942 times)

ompo

Multiple files won't open from windows explorer
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:58:09 am »

Sorry if there is a simple solution to this, but I can't get to the bottom of it after plenty of searching.

The problem is apparent both on my previous system and after just doing a fresh windows install, it persists.

When I select multiple files from windows explorer, say all an album's tracks, Media Centre won't launch them. I would press enter on all the selected files and Windows Media Player would launch them instead, even after having ensure all the correct file associations and default settings. I've since disabled WMP completely, and now when I press enter, nothing happens at all. (I don't want to always run press play through Shell integration, I just want to press enter and it works like a normal file is supposed to).

Thanks for any assistance.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple files won't open from windows explorer
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:29:09 am »

Did you check the Wiki?

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/File_Types_Settings

It's a good way of sorting out self help and avoiding frustration. Hope that's of use...  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

ompo

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 07:01:13 am »

Thanks for the input but still no good. All the audio file extensions are configured and playback method is on Automatic.

I still can't get the program to launch multiple files...

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:16:48 am »

In Windows Explorer, do they show as Media Center files (ie Right Click -> Properties -> Type of file/Opens with)?

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 01:18:37 am »

Try right clicking after you select multiple files and using the context menu instead of hitting enter.

ompo

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 02:55:30 am »

Yup, they are all Media Centre files and set to open through Media Centre.

I know I can select all and right click to open them through the context menu, but it doesn't solve the question of why just hitting enter doesn't work...

Ta
Pages: [1]   Go Up