INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it s JRiver issue or a Netflix issue?  (Read 1713 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Is it s JRiver issue or a Netflix issue?
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:03:04 am »

Perhaps someone can help me with an annoying problem. When I add some TV Series from Netflix to the Theater View "Netflix queue", the individual episodes don't always display for me so I can't select and watch one. The cover art shows on the main Theater View -Netflix list but when I click on it it goes to a blank page with the message "There are No Items to Display". However if I go the Netflix website and open my queue I can see all the episodes and play them. This occurs on a couple of different series and sometimes on movies.

So if someone that uses Netflix could test for me - it will let me know if this is a Netflix (API) issue or something with JRiver (or my computer). Please add the British crime TV Series "Poirot" to your queue and let me know if you have access to all 6 seasons and episodes.

Thanks

CountryBumkin

Re: Is it s JRiver issue or a Netflix issue?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 05:51:29 am »

Anyone?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:17:43 am »

Same problem with TV Series "American Hot Rod", and "Doomsday Bunkers". I can't watch (or load/display) any episodes in JRiver Theater View (latest version) but I can access them all and watch them from the Netflix website.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 03:08:24 pm »

I saw the same problem when I added "Poirot" to my queue.  Other TV series I have in my queue are working fine.  It's possible Netflix changed their API for TV series episodes - I'll check when I'm back in the office tomorrow with dev tools available.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 04:49:39 pm »

Thanks for looking into this.
Since it is happening for you too, I can eliminate the possibility that the issue is on my computer(s).

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 05:34:03 pm »

have you had a chance to look into this?

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 07:55:37 am »

Yes, I can replicate the problem here.  It seems that the Netflix API is kind of broken for some TV series.  We use the exact same calls for all TV series and it works for most, but with "Poirot" for example, it's returning "Invalid series" even though we're using the series ID provided in the instant queue list that Netflix returns.  I'm going to experiment with iterating the seasons and then the episodes rather than directly trying to get the list of episodes to see if that provides a workaround.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up