INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorded TV thumbnails in MS Media Center broken after MC19 install  (Read 4396 times)

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

All the recorded tv thumbnails inside Microsofts windows media center are gone and replaced with blue empty blocks after installing MC19. Was okay with MC18.

Dunno if this has any bearing on it, but the register key here seems to have changed:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.WTV]
@="MediaCenter.19.File"
"PerceivedType"=""
"Content Type"=""

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Recorded TV thumbnails in MS Media Center broken after MC19 install
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 02:28:11 pm »

Uncheck the WTV association in Options > File Associations inside MC.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:02:23 pm »

Uncheck the WTV association in Options > File Associations inside MC.

I had video and tv support unchecked in general -> features. So there was no list of video formats at all under file associations.

So I turned tv/video support back on under features and then the file association list for video files appeared. But "Windows Media Video (wmv,wvx,dvr-ms,ms-wmv,wtv)" was unchecked. Actually all video formats were unchecked.

Trying to just click ok to save I get a message that video path can't be empty so I add a path in the places needed and save settings. So, with no other change than turning on support for video and tv and adding paths, no changes in file association. But now the thumbs are back in WMC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 07:16:43 pm »

I should add that it's on our list to address this.  File associations are slated for a revamp in MC19.

WMC seems to key off the ContentType or PerceivedType.  When we take an association, we empty those values (but save the old values so we can restore them).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 08:26:29 am »

I should add that it's on our list to address this.  File associations are slated for a revamp in MC19.

WMC seems to key off the ContentType or PerceivedType.  When we take an association, we empty those values (but save the old values so we can restore them).

Thx for feedback.

nova_13

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:31:42 pm »

I tried unchecking things and it still does not come back.  Happened just after installing 19 (upgrade from 18).  Now WMC look like the attached.  Any help appreciated.

nova_13

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 07:27:14 pm »

Eventually got this back to normal.  Other people having this issue seem to have some luck rebuilding the thumbnails.  I post this in case others need help.  I tried re-associating some file types.

There are some posts out there that recommended deleting the TVthumbs file.  I did not have the TVthumb per se but had two other thumb types I deleted.  Also killed some processes, and restarted the computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up