INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple EPG sources  (Read 1358 times)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Multiple EPG sources
« on: February 05, 2014, 05:47:21 pm »

I have two different TV tuner sources.  (1) OTA ATSC using a PCTV Stick and (2) OpenCable from a Comcast CableCard plugged into an HDHomeRun Prime. Each has a different program guide provider

I'm trying to download the program guides for both sources automatically. Is this possible?

I recognize that I could probably map the ATSC channels to the matching Comcast channels. But that doesn't pick up all of the OTA stations in our area.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Multiple EPG sources
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:04:33 pm »

I have two different TV tuner sources.  (1) OTA ATSC using a PCTV Stick and (2) OpenCable from a Comcast CableCard plugged into an HDHomeRun Prime. Each has a different program guide provider

I'm trying to download the program guides for both sources automatically. Is this possible?

I recognize that I could probably map the ATSC channels to the matching Comcast channels. But that doesn't pick up all of the OTA stations in our area.

I always thought that cable companies provide programs for all OTA stations.  Are you saying it is not so?

Right now, MC will automatically download EPG data set of the last manually downloaded set (if you let it).  So it is not possible for it to download epg data for both the cable and OTA channels.

If your cable subscription does include all OTA channels, then the solution is simple - you use channel grouping to group all OTA channels with their corresponding cable channels.  Then you can set up EPG for all cable channels as if the OTA channels were not present.  They will be automatically used when needed.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Multiple EPG sources
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »

Thanks Yaobing,

In the SF Bay Area, the Cable company provides all of the main OTA stations. But are a few digital subchannels, mostly foreign language, that it does not cover.
Pages: [1]   Go Up