INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you handle triologies and multi disc DVD's?  (Read 1631 times)

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
How do you handle triologies and multi disc DVD's?
« on: January 11, 2014, 04:35:02 pm »

Hi

I have a quite basic question that I hope you can help me with. I did not find the answer in the FAQ, but maybe I just did not find the right thing to look for.

I have two issues.
1) I have some Movies that are in series. For example The star WARs triology.
2) I have some Movies that have multiple disks, typically a main disc and an extra disc with background material or simlar. JRiver seems to be unable to understand this relation automatically.

So, the question is: How can I make a series, as the Star Wars Triology, be presented as a series?
How can I make muliple discs be shown as one Movie.

-Regards, TEK

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: How do you handle triologies and multi disc DVD's?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:49:35 pm »

I use a program called "DVD Shrink" for multi disk movies.  It takes the main movies and "glues" them together.

Trilogies etc I just name them so they show up alphabetically.

mschneid

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 09:58:38 pm »

I just repurpose the tags Series Season and Episode for the genre Movies while for TV shows the tags are self evident.  ( I have a dim memory of some clever way to relable these fields in a particular view  say Movies .... but I could be completely delusional)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 10:11:37 pm »

Hi

I have a quite basic question that I hope you can help me with. I did not find the answer in the FAQ, but maybe I just did not find the right thing to look for.

I have two issues.
1) I have some Movies that are in series. For example The star WARs triology.
2) I have some Movies that have multiple disks, typically a main disc and an extra disc with background material or simlar. JRiver seems to be unable to understand this relation automatically.

So, the question is: How can I make a series, as the Star Wars Triology, be presented as a series?
How can I make muliple discs be shown as one Movie.

-Regards, TEK

Heard of "Stacks"?

Heard of the Wiki?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Category:Frequently_Asked_Questions

Look for the entry on Stacks. I think you might find stacking the movies to be an efficient way of grouping them to suit your needs.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 11:01:47 pm »

If you are using Theater View, using the Series tag is a nice solution for this.

Tools → Options → Theater View

If you edit your films view so that items are grouped by an expression, using TVInfo(SeriesDisplay) they will be listed by their Series if it exists, or by their name if it does not.

Attached are the settings I use with my default "All Films" view.
This will show the film name unless the Series field is filled out. An example of Series might be "Bourne", "James Bond", "Star Wars" etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up