INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to merge songs into 1 album with different artist  (Read 2516 times)

htndang

How to merge songs into 1 album with different artist
« on: January 10, 2014, 01:11:11 am »

I used Zune before and all i do i just drag those file into 1 album. It works like folder.
 Please dont explain, i just need a guide for dummy as i have read a lot in this forum and most of the time people just explain without giving an actual guide or example

For example i have 2 file
1. Glass of G - Singer A
2. Bee - Singer B

I would like to have an Album call : Top Song November  having
1. Glass of G - Singer A
2. Bee - Singer B

and in artist view. I still can choose singer A and see that album, or i can choose singer B and see that album or song... // This is optional I just want to be able to merge multiple song into one album without having to rename those files into 1 album name and 1 artist.

thank you

htndang

Re: How to merge songs into 1 album with different artist
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:29:16 am »

I just updated the picture demonstrate how i would like to do it.

I dont know somehow some of my album appear like that and the other do not.

htndang

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 02:59:08 am »

Update a picture demonstrate my problem.

i dont know why i have 4 eng flac album. even though I have change the album title to the same thing and also change the artist.
I would like to be able to group albums by change their name only and without changing artist name to the same.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:19:09 am »

There a few ways to do this. As I prefer the AlbumArtist field rather than AlbumArtist(auto) field ( :P I know there are those that disagree!)

Select all the tracks of the albums - Open the tag window and fill in Various Artists (or various or multiple whatever, just be consistant so that all your compilations will show up that way. And you'll get what you want (if you don't there is maybe a problem with your view).

For info : most standard views are going to be indexed by the album artist and the album name. If either the two are different (or empty) you will get a split like you have shown. Normally album artist (auto is supposed) to fill in Multiple artist albums, as you have no artist listed per track it can't tell if it is a single artist album or not. Using the "non-auto" field will fix this
Pages: [1]   Go Up