INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 and Logitech Media Keys when MC not focussed [SOLVED]  (Read 1420 times)

Funkmeister

• Recent member
MC19 and Logitech Media Keys when MC not focussed [SOLVED]
« on: April 23, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »

I've just done a ground-up reinstall onto SSD and have reinstalled MC and Logitech SetPoint.  It used to be the case that when used the media keys on the keyboard, MC would respond even when the window was not focussed.  Worked a treat and something I used often.

Since the reinstall, MC only responds to Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous when it is focussed.  The only references I can find go way back to MC12 and involve hacking settings.ini and other things.  I'm reluctant to try this both SetPoint and MC have moved on and I wondered

a) why this was working on my 'old' machine before I wiped it and put the SSD in

b) whether there's something I've done wrong when reinstalling

It's surprised me how much I use the ability to pause or swap tracks when doing other things and I'd like to try and get it working again.  I'm not sure whether the issue is SetPoint or MC, but if anyone else has encountered this and found a fix I'd love to hear it.

MC19: 19.0.128
SetPoint Control Centre Version: 6.61.15
SetPoint driver version: 5.60.73
Win7 64 Ult
Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard

I've uninstalled and reinstalled SetPoint.  I've played with the Media Keys setting in MC (the only thing changing that did was stop anything working at all, even with MC in focus).  Surely the whole point of the media keys is to prevent the requirement to have to switch focus to your media player in the first place, what's stopping MC picking up the commands?

I'm not running anything relating to Intellitype.  I'm not running Windows Media Player.  Have read through many similar threads here, surely there must be some solution to this?

Funkmeister

• Recent member
Re: MC19 and Logitech Media Keys when MC not focussed
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:05:02 pm »

Well after a lot of effing and blinding and some help from gappie on here, it's solved.  Here's how to get the diNovo Edge keyboard media keys to work properly:

1) Close down SetPoint if it's open

2) Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Logishrd\SetPointP\Devices\Keyboard\2000056\2000056.xml in Notepad (2000056 is the diNovo Edge keyboard xml file)

3) Take a backup of the file and save it somewhere else for safekeeping

4) Right-click > Edit and search for the following text:
<!-- Button Name => FLOCK F5 -->
<Button Number="786614" Name="F5">               
<Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
<PARAM Button="786614" />
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp"       HandlerSet="MM PREVIOUS"  HandlerSetGroup="Keyboard" />
</Trigger>
</Button>

<!-- Button Name => FLOCK F6 -->
<Button Number="786615" Name="F6">            
<PARAM Button="786615" />
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp"     HandlerSet="MM STOP"  HandlerSetGroup="Keyboard"  />
</Trigger>
</Button>

<!-- Button Name => FLOCK F7 -->
<Button Number="786637" Name="F7">               
<PARAM Button="786637" />
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp"       HandlerSet="MM PLAY"  HandlerSetGroup="Keyboard" />
</Trigger>
</Button>

<!-- Button Name => FLOCK F8 -->
<Button Number="786613" Name="F8">               
<PARAM Button="786613" />
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp"       HandlerSet="MM NEXT"  HandlerSetGroup="Keyboard"  />
</Trigger>
</Button>

5) Highlight and delete it (make sure it's exactly this text!)

6) Save the file and restart SetPoint - you should then find that the media keys control the player when MC is not the focus window
Pages: [1]   Go Up