INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo over OpenVPN on Android  (Read 1312 times)

MediaDave

Gizmo over OpenVPN on Android
« on: January 18, 2014, 08:25:49 pm »

Hey Folks,
is there a way to set Gizmo to use a Static local IP rather that searching for the server?

Here is why I ask, I am trying to run gizmo through my VPN rather than opening port on my firewall . For some reason it ignores my VPN connection (using OpenVPN via a PSfense Firewall to a DD-WRT router). At first I thought it was a Routing issue, but the phone is able to see the HTPC via SAMBA on the VPN along with other net resources, without issue. Anyone else have this issue? Work fine on the Wifi, but ignores the VPN connection once it is over to Cell, it only looks for WAN IP's. I should also Mention that Webgizmo DOES work over the VPN. It is only the App that will not work.
Thanks in Advance

MC19
Razr M
Android 4.1.2

MediaDave

Re: Gizmo over OpenVPN on Android
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 03:06:52 pm »

OK, so I looked back a few years in the forums and didn't find anything, but I am going to greatly simplify the question....

How do I set Gizmo to a Static IP?
.. should be Easy. Is there a setting I am missing or do I have to get into the code.

( I am a Network Tech, not a coder but I can dabble)

Please let me know, this has been driving me nuts.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo over OpenVPN on Android
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 03:20:34 pm »

You can simply enter a IP Address/Port combination into the address field in Gizmo, and it'll connect directly without trying to lookup an IP over the access key.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up