INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configure Auto-Import  (Read 1747 times)

Wybe

• World Citizen
Configure Auto-Import
« on: January 11, 2014, 04:45:58 am »

I'm using the latest Linux version on a small desktop computer. I know that the Browser for Configure Auto-Import does not work (yet). Does it work when I enter the path to the music folder on my Synology manually? If yes, what should be the correct path? Thanks in advance. Greetings, Wybe

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Configure Auto-Import
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 09:46:38 pm »

I'm using the latest Linux version on a small desktop computer. I know that the Browser for Configure Auto-Import does not work (yet). Does it work when I enter the path to the music folder on my Synology manually? If yes, what should be the correct path? Thanks in advance. Greetings, Wybe

The auto-import should work with a NAS. You just need to find out where it's actually mounted.
You can try right-clicking on it's icon and doing properties.
df -k
at a prompt could be useful too.

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »

The name of my NAS is BrakMusic. When I right click the icon, it states at location: network:///. When I double click the icon, I have to enter the username and password and I can browse through the different folders on the NAS. When I point with the mouse on the just mounted share under Network, it states: afp://admin@BrakMusic.local/music. However, no matter what I type at Configure Auto-Import, I always get the error message The directory could not be found. Any ideas? What should be the correct path?

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:36:36 pm »

Sounds like it's not mounted.  Did you try "df -k" as Bob asked to see if it's mounted?  If so, the mount path should be what will work with MC auto-import.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:20:38 pm »

Sounds like Mikes right. Until you click on it and enter the user/pass, it's not mounted.
But still, you can do a df -k at a prompt to see where it's mounted once it is.
And btw, just curious, why are you using afp (Appletalk File Protocol) with your NAS? I'd think in linux you'd be using NFS or CIFS..

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 09:39:44 am »

Thanks for the advice. I'm not that experienced with Linux so I have to ask Google for some more tips and tricks. I did not "choose" the AFP protocol. After I double clicked the NAS icon and enter username/password, the NAS shows up in the File manager under Network. When I move the mouse over the just added NAS, it states the path with afp. When can we expect the browser in Configure Auto-Import to work?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02:23 am »

Thanks for the advice. I'm not that experienced with Linux so I have to ask Google for some more tips and tricks. I did not "choose" the AFP protocol. After I double clicked the NAS icon and enter username/password, the NAS shows up in the File manager under Network. When I move the mouse over the just added NAS, it states the path with afp. When can we expect the browser in Configure Auto-Import to work?
It's on the todo list. Can't say when, there are still some nagging stability issues and they are higher priority.
Pages: [1]   Go Up