INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUE Files  (Read 3329 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
CUE Files
« on: January 08, 2014, 03:33:19 pm »

In my quest to be as neat and orderly as possible :) I ask....  Is it safe to delete .cue files if the album already shows the individual track information in the folder?

I ask this question because I noticed that I have approximately 1500 WAV files that MC reports as bad and will not import.  I'm wondering if this could have been caused by deleting the .cue files?

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: CUE Files
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:25:33 am »

In my quest to be as neat and orderly as possible :) I ask....  Is it safe to delete .cue files if the album already shows the individual track information in the folder?
  Yes cue files are not necessary. Personally, the only reason I see for cue files is for re-burning to CD.

Regardless, always backup your data, always backup your library when removing tons of files at once ... sorry sounds like I'm pontificating  ;D

I ask this question because I noticed that I have approximately 1500 WAV files that MC reports as bad and will not import.  I'm wondering if this could have been caused by deleting the .cue files?
No. Not related. You know you might try converting an album or two to flac and seeing if they will import -- this has worked for me in the past (and I can't explain why really - but there is no generational loss).

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:48:38 pm »

It depends on what you mean by ".. if the album already shows the individual track information in the folder?".  How is the individual track information "shown" ??

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:14:40 pm »

Thanks guys!

MC is consistent.  It won't import, won't play them, and won't convert them.  So despite the large number that fits into this category, MC is very consistent.  What I am going to try next a different converter to see that that will convert to flac.  Could be they are just bad files.  I believe they came about when I bit the bullet and did a mass convert of all my WAV files (was my format of choice) to flac.  These were left behind and the only remaining WAV files I have.

As for CUE file deletions, the CUE was in the same directory as the music files and the music has each track as an individual file.  There would be lots of reasons for this, but I keep finding tracks missing from albums and was wondering if deleting the CUE could cause it.  Not.  Likely me deleting certain of these Wave files that won't play, least that's were I'm leaning.

I'll move on and see if I can resolve more pressing issues like.... world peace ;) 

Larry

Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up