INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [feature request] iso support & scenes  (Read 1180 times)

lboregard

• Recent member
[feature request] iso support & scenes
« on: January 19, 2014, 06:10:23 am »

hi, im using jriver as my htpc media player due to it's robust playback capabilities. gui is a little on the not so awesome side, but i prefer quality playback over interface goodies right now :)

didn't find a feature request thread, hope it's ok to post here

1) iso support
my main gripe with iso's is that the runtime of the movie can't be scanned. it would be extremely great if they could be scanned as the other regular formats, so that you could have an "accurate" by Runtime view

2) scenes
this should be awesome. each movie could have a list of scenes, the most memorable, the greatest ones, etc ... and have the player support. it could be thought as bookmarks, only difference is bookmarks only have a start point ... a scene would have start and end points. i've only seen this feature in very high end integrated htpc solutions (kalediscape), but would be great to have something similar in jriver media center

thanks in advance for your attention

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: [feature request] iso support & scenes
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 06:55:12 am »

1) I never noticed the Duration tag wasn't populated on iso's.  Someone else might have a better answer here on using an Expression or another work around.

2) This feature exists; it is called Particles.  See: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

lboregard

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 09:17:40 am »

thanks connersw, that's what i was looking for !

i've just tried particles and it's very cool ... it doesn't seem to work for iso's but maybe i will eventually "unzip" the iso

is there a way to create particles manually ?

i dont see a separate file in the media folder nor an entry in the sidecar file, so i'm assuming data is kept in the jriver db.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 02:25:50 pm »

is there a way to create particles manually ?

i dont see a separate file in the media folder nor an entry in the sidecar file, so i'm assuming data is kept in the jriver db.

Right-click, Stacks > Advanced > Create Particle...

Particles are entries in the MC DB/Library only.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up