INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 bit depth and Audio MIDI  (Read 1795 times)

wolfz

MC19 bit depth and Audio MIDI
« on: January 13, 2014, 04:11:10 pm »

Is there a manual for MC19 somewhere?

The output bits are always 32 bit.  Is it not possible to change it?

As soon as MC19 starts the little speaker icon in MIDI set up changes from the dac to internal output.
Is that ok?

Thanks

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC19 bit depth and Audio MIDI
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:57:24 pm »

Is everything working in terms of playback from your DAC?

What DAC do you have?

Under Tools->Options->Audio->Audio Device->Device Settings - do you have Integer mode enabled?

I too have a 32 bit DAC, with integer mode disabled it shows 32 bit output (which is floating), with Integer mode enabled it shows 24 bit padded.

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

wolfz

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:01:39 pm »

Playback is ok.  My dac is a w4sound Udac ( 96/24 USB ).

Integer mode is not possible with Snow Leopard.

What about the MIDI set up?  Is it ok that the small speaker icon is on the internal output?
As soon as I start MC19 that little icon changes from W4Sound to internal output.  Maybe it is ok?

Any idea why drag and drop music files is not working?  Even the import of songs is not possible ( with import from library.....).

Thanks

Wolf

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:50:02 pm »

Correct, on one of my Mac Minis I have 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) installed, though I can enable integer mode it does not work (as noted by JRiver that 10.9.x is required).

I always setup my Mac Minis so internal output (beeps, etc) go the to Mac Mini speakers and not through my stereo.

When you say the import function does not work, are you pointing it to a valid set of music files and they are not imported into MC?
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

wolfz

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 06:35:41 pm »

Yes, the files are fine ( flac and wav ). Strange thing but sometimes it works but never drag and drop.
Anyway thanks for help.  I stop using this player.  It works fine on a PC but Mac still not good enough.
I use Audirvana now. For my ears the sound is better. River with a PC desktop is pretty good regarding the sound.
I think with a laptop it is a bit behind.  But it probably depends on the kind of laptop....

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up