INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freezing problem three weeks ago  (Read 923 times)

jbd

• Recent member
Freezing problem three weeks ago
« on: February 13, 2014, 12:18:52 am »

I would love to dive back into the JRiver... but I had to uninstall it on my Win7 64-bit HTPC / NAS because it kept freezing the system overnight.  Once I uninstalled MC19 the system freezes stopped completely.  It's been running for three weeks now without a freeze or any other hitch.  I invested a huge amount of time and effort to set up my MC19 media library, tag photos, organize music, and network my home machines and I would love to be able to return to MC as a media center.  I've seen glynor's thread and other threads focused on freezing issues, and I have the impression that these issues are pretty widespread.  My system is home built and very clean and has a minimal collection of programs and has all the latest drivers.  I really don't think it's anything else, especially since the freezes stopped once I removed MC19.  

So my question is: is there some fundamental issue in MC that might be addressed at some point, and that --if fixed-- might keep MC from sending my machine into a deep sleep or a system hang or whatever it is doing wrong to Win7 so I can confidently reinstall MC?  I love the program and want it to work, but I really can't afford all the hours needed to invest in building my libraries if the program is going to cause headaches in Win7 64-bit.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Freezing problem three weeks ago
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:21:44 am »

This is not normal, and not common at all.

It is extremely likely that there is some underlying cause specific to your system.  Complete system freezes are very, very likely to be caused by a hardware issue or driver problem.  But, we can't help you without further information.  Please read:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Troubleshooting_Guide
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jbd

• Recent member
Re: Freezing problem three weeks ago
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:43:28 am »

Ok, fair enough.  I will (1) read through the Troubleshooting guide carefully, (2) ensure I have all the latest hardware drivers, (3) make a drive image backup of my system drive so I can backpedal if necessary, (4) install the latest version of MC19, (5) enable the various logging functions, (6) set up my libraries again, and (7) see if the freezing behavior returns.  If it doesn't I will be happy as a clam because I really really do love the program.  Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up