Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disc 1  (Read 887 times)

robgil

• World Citizen
Disc 1
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:19:28 pm »

Can I change the ''1'' to the name of the disc?

JR is grouping the Discs by disc No.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Disc 1
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 01:42:54 am »

Sure - There are separate "Name" and "Disk #" tags
JRiver CEO Elect

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disc 1
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:34:02 am »

Have you got the following fields correctly tagged?:
 - Album
 - Album Artist

It's hard to make out from the album art but it looks like a suite of Beethoven symphonies.

Are there multiple discs of the one album? If so, my personal preferences would be to number the disc entries accordingly. From what I know, that's what the "Disc #" field is intended for. I would put the name of the disc in the "Album" field. In "Album Artist", I'd insert the Orchestra name (see below for info covering the leader of the band).

For "Name", that's where the various movements of a given symphony would show up. A symphony movement, to my mind, is the equivalent to the name of a song - so this is the appropriate place for this piece of metadata.

Each to their own but bear in mind the standard MC views. If you organise your collection in a "non-standard" way, you'll have to re-jig your database views to suit. I'm not sure what the "standard" is precisely, I'm just going off what intuitively makes sense to me.

A non-standard approach is potentially a bit of extra work for you. You'll also have the fun of dealing with this for every import you do. Just make sure your metadata structure and database views are planned to make life easy for you now and into the future.

You've also got the following fields to get the specifics right:
 - Composer
 - Conductor
Are you making use of those fields as well?

All the best ..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up