INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MJ re-import files encoded and saved on cd-rw  (Read 788 times)

sekim

Can MJ re-import files encoded and saved on cd-rw
« on: February 25, 2002, 04:26:02 pm »

New user of MJ and am having to scratch my head on re-importing music I saved to disk, then removed from hard drive. Do I have to rip again or did I just miss something? Right now I'm using the free version of 7.2. Like to add that I am impressed so far with the way this works...it at least recognized that I had a burner unlike the mswmp.

hank

RE:Can MJ re-import files encoded and saved on cd-rw
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2002, 04:50:38 pm »

You can import songs to MJ from a CD-RW, but to play those songs at a later time, the disk would have to be in the drive tray.  Why don't you just drag the files from the disc back to the hard drive thru Windows Explorer, then re-import them to MJ from wherever you dragged them to.  Most importantly, stop scratching your head already.

sekim

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2002, 05:48:24 pm »

Thanks-will give that a try to see if it is what I need.

Roger the Shrubber

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2002, 08:30:02 pm »

Hi,

Just bear in mind that, should you wish to edit properties of files which you've transferred back to your hard disk from cd, the hd file attributes need to be changed from read only.

I learnt this one (via this forum) after much head scratching and futile efforts.

Cheers

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2002, 05:01:10 am »

You can do it from inside MediaJukebox.Put all the songs in the window on the right ,click one or more songs-using ####ft-and choose Move/Copy Disc File....

listening to The Grapes of Wrath-Now&Again-on a non protected lp

sekim

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2002, 07:15:55 am »

Tried both methods...both worked. Imagine that. Head scratching has ceased for now. Thanks for the tips.
For zevele1...listening to Lazy right now. Can't believe how well a couple of little speakers with dsp magic can sound.
Pages: [1]   Go Up