INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19.0.103 DLNA Settings  (Read 1092 times)

clio09

• Recent member
MC19.0.103 DLNA Settings
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:32:21 pm »

I am using the latest release running off a late model 2009 Mac Mini. I have the Resolution Audio Cantata and run Ethernet direct via CAT 5 cable to the Cantata, no router. I have been able to run this just fine but have a few questions on settings.

Tools>Options>Media Network>Add or Configure DLNA Servers...>Audio

1. For Mode I have selected "Specified output format only when necessary", what would "Specified output format" or "Original do"?
2. Under Advanced I deselected "Stereo downmix" and "Volume leveling". What if anyhting would I gain by enabling "Stereo downmix"?

Is there anything else I should know or anyone would recommend for configuration?

Also, I see the Audiopath and DSP functions are no longer available. I take it this is normal.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC19.0.103 DLNA Settings
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:45:34 am »

"Specified output format" causes MC to always convert files to the specified format prior to sending over the network.  "Original" means never convert, always send the original format.

"Stereo downmix" is for when you want to send 5.1 or some other music with more than 2 channels to a device that can only handle stereo data.  It will mix the channels down to 2 channels.

Here's a wiki page on using a network connected DAC:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DAC_Settings
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up