INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping is currently unavailable  (Read 2241 times)

JoeDAC

• Recent member
Ripping is currently unavailable
« on: March 06, 2014, 03:10:39 pm »

I recently installed JRiver 19 on my desk top. I also have a version of JRiver on my laptop.

When I try to rip a CD on the Desktop I get the error message "Ripping is currently unavailable". The program will play a CD however it will not allow me to rip a cd?

I think the link between my PC and my Desk top libraries may be causing the issue however I am not well versed with JRiver and.

The other issue I an having is some of my albums that I ripped have duplicates or each song. The weird this is not ever album has duplicates.

I'd like to start from scratch with a copy on my PC for portable use and hooking up to my stereo and have a copy on my desk top for listening while @ work and ripping.

I have all my files on a nas drive.

Does each machine have to use the same Access key? Right noe each machjine has a different access key code.

Thanks
Joe

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping is currently unavailable
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 04:27:43 pm »

When I try to rip a CD on the Desktop I get the error message "Ripping is currently unavailable". The program will play a CD however it will not allow me to rip a cd?

Joe, that's not what anyone wants to see.

What build are you using?

I've just tried doing a rip using the latest build, MC19.0.118, with no issue. So, I can't repeat your problem.

I think the link between my PC and my Desk top libraries may be causing the issue however I am not well versed with JRiver and.

That doesn't gel with me but I'd suggest that you get familiar with what the wiki has to say:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Copy_%28Rip%29_CDs_to_Your_Computer
I saw a link there marked, Ripping Errors but from a quick scan I don't think it will help but I leave you to read it in detail.

The other issue I an having is some of my albums that I ripped have duplicates or each song. The weird this is not ever album has duplicates.

So, does this mean the optical drive has ripped some CDs in your collection via MC previously? Variable behaviour may indicate a hardware &/or driver problem. I picked up a cheap, external optical drive when I was doing bulk ripping. If you've got a 2nd drive, see if you can do a comparison.

I'd like to start from scratch with a copy on my PC for portable use and hooking up to my stereo and have a copy on my desk top for listening while @ work and ripping.

I have all my files on a nas drive.

Does each machine have to use the same Access key? Right noe each machjine has a different access key code.

As a general comment, it's best to post on a one issue, one thread basis. You've changed tack from a ripping problem. Back to the issue, I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you trying to access your media over a network?

For background reading, look here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access

I'll always suggest looking through the Wiki for info (I do it myself frequently):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Category:Frequently_Asked_Questions
Have a look, see what makes sense and come back to ask for more support if you need it.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up