INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any way to put the DSP settings/options in main theatre view panel?  (Read 1886 times)

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.

I constantly go back and forth to the DSP settings page(to test a new plugin config, or to do like I am currently....to implement room acoustic correction with Acourate...or to fine tune things)....it is an extreme PITA to have to back out of theatre view, go back to the main view, options, rinse, repeat..

having easy access to the DSP section(ie have it as one of the tabs like gadgets is) would be the cherry on top of this deal.

I am so in love with this program. i mean...i have no idea how I got by without it!

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

Sure, you can add a button in TheaterView that will bring at the StdView DSP Diag box.

- Create the Button under Tools --> Options --> Theater View --> Add --> External Program
- Give it a name
- Put in the "Command Line Argument" of "/MCC 10016"
- Uncheck "Hide Media Center while program is running"

Enjoy.
JRiver CEO Elect

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

For times when I'm testing convolution filters, etc., I use Standard View and go to View > Size and increase the size. This makes it much easier. If you add a button to Theater View as suggested by jmone, then you still might want to increase the size for the DSP window.

theoctavist

• World Citizen

amazing! now it is perfect!

thanks yall! ;D

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Wondering why you don't just use Zones?  That way you could have alternate DSP setting preset and switch between them from Theater View directly...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Wondering why you don't just use Zones?  That way you could have alternate DSP setting preset and switch between them from Theater View directly...
Changing zones requires stopping one zone and starting another if using the same ASIO output. When testing convolution filters, bass management and other EQ changes, it is easier to start playback and keep changing things in the DSP Studio while playback continues. Also, for me, it isn't always a comparison of two settings, but maybe 5 or more changes incrementally. I sometimes set a playback range and set JRiver to Repeat Current Item. That way I can evaluate a change easily over the same 30-60 seconds of music.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Changing zones requires stopping one zone and starting another if using the same ASIO output.

Yep.  That's a good reason.  For testing it makes sense.  Once you have a good setup, though, using Zones makes much more sense than having a permanent link to the DSP in Theater View.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

theoctavist

• World Citizen

ok...now ive got it(and it has been working fine) but now clicking on DSP in theatre view does nothing. it works fine from the regular "home screen" (or whatever it is called)...neither a mouse click or the remote button works.  when you click on dsp in theatre view, nada...

?? any ideas

the log is here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-7mGmzJgyNOcFhJMVFFRHktYUk/edit?usp=sharing

theoctavist

• World Citizen

ok i guess i figured it out.

you cannot have "use full screen mode exlusive for drawing(or something like that haha) " option ticked and have the DSP option work in theatre view. or at least I cant. it is either that or the "picture/media mix option **STRONG** option that is hosing the DSP function in theatre view...

you cannot have "use full screen mode exlusive for drawing(or something like that haha) " option ticked and have the DSP option work in theatre view. or at least I cant. it is either that or the "picture/media mix option **STRONG** option that is hosing the DSP function in theatre view...
"Full screen exclusive" mode should prevent any other windows drawing on top of the Theater View interface - including the DSP window. It's generally not recommended to use FSE mode with Theater View.
Pages: [1]   Go Up