INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JR 19 has started running slow  (Read 1001 times)

zenpmd

• World Citizen
JR 19 has started running slow
« on: January 18, 2014, 11:42:52 am »

At the moment there is about 9000 flacs in it, when I press play on something, there is a pause of quite a few seconds, but only after starting the programme up for the first time. What is this, why is it doing it and can I stop it? I am running an i3 2100T, 8gb RAM, all on fast SSds.

Thanks!

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JR 19 has started running slow
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 11:44:39 am »

At the moment there is about 9000 flacs in it, when I press play on something, there is a pause of quite a few seconds, but only after starting the programme up for the first time. What is this, why is it doing it and can I stop it? I am running an i3 2100T, 8gb RAM, all on fast SSds.

Thanks!

Gonna have to provide more info. Audio interface? Anti-virus? (Which can cause lots of issues), FLAC size? (Hi-res, CD rip etc etc)...

VP

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: JR 19 has started running slow
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 12:03:43 pm »

Thanks!

Am I reading you right that you only get the pause right after starting up?  

I get a hang of about five to ten seconds right after starting the program.  JRiver will load, show the library, and then after a few seconds will hang for a bit, usually right after I click something (doesn't seem to matter what).  For me it's connected to media network (turning off media network makes the pause go away).  I assume it's related to starting up the network services.  

If I understood your problem correctly, try turning off Media Network temporarily and see if that fixes it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up