INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying Playlist Total Time  (Read 2646 times)

miketl

Displaying Playlist Total Time
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:34 am »

Hi,

Is it possible to show the total play time (sum of all the files in the current playlist) of all the music files in a playlist Customize Display option.
It is actually being shown on the bottom status bar but I would like to be able to have it also on the player.

Thank you

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Displaying Playlist Total Time
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:48:09 am »

Not directly, but you can do it in a view that shows the playlist.  Playlist, as File Lists, don't have much customizability.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

miketl

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 02:07:34 am »

Hi,

I am referring for example to the Mini View which can customize the fields that are shown on the Mini view display, so is it possible to add a field that will display the total time of the playlist?

Thank you

MrC

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 02:13:18 am »

In Standard View, customize the display by right-clicking it and selecting Customize Display.  You'll see areas that currently contain variables and fields.  On the left, there's a downward triangle.  Pull it down, and examine the variables there.  Select the Total Time one to add it to the display.  Mini display view will use these settings I believe.

miketl

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 02:30:27 am »

I have tried doing it prior to posting this thread. If I select the Total Time I can only see the time of the current file which is played but not the total playtime of all the files in the playlist. I am using the latest JRiver 18 application.

Thanks

MrC

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:29 pm »

Yeah, sorry.  I didn't have time to test out the variable [Total Time], and didn't remember it was a track's total time.

There isn't a variable for this.  So I don't think there's a (convenient) way to do get that info into the display.
Pages: [1]   Go Up