INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files that are already analyzed for R128 settings  (Read 1916 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
Files that are already analyzed for R128 settings
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:11:17 am »

I recently noticed that some of my files have lost their R128 information. I am not sure how that happened but it may have been a result of editing tags with an external tool (e.g. MP3Tag). I tried some experiments in that area but the information was always retained.

How is JRiver tracking the files that are already analyzed? I assume it is using some kind of log file that gets updated when new files are being automatically scanned.

It would be really nice if there was an option to verify the files actually have the R128 data embedded in them. I know I can just analyze all the files in my collection, but that is a large task and would create a lot of unnecessary file updates that would then ripple into my backups. The new option would just highlight files that JRiver thinks have been analyzed but are missing the actual data.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Files that are already analyzed for R128 settings
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:53:22 am »

you can do a tag dump and see what fields have been written to the file. 

In Manage Fields under options, check that the option Save in file tags if possible is checked for each field that is populated by running the tool.

I'd rerun audio analysis manually just to be sure because if the option to embed to the file was unchecked, it won't automatically populate old files.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Files that are already analyzed for R128 settings
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:57:51 am »

The R128 analysis information is stored in fields in the MC library.  Fields like [Dynamic Range (R128)] and [Volume Level (R128)].  If you want to make sure files still have that info, you can look at those fields.  Or do a search.  Something like:

[Volume Level (R128)]=""

That would show you any files with no value in that field. 

As the previous poster said, those fields can be written to most files, inside of their tags, as long as that option is enabled.  If for some reason, the fields are in MC, but NOT in the files, you can force a re-write to the files with:

(select some files and right click) > Library Tools > Update tags (from library)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up