INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC Play premium content recorded in WMC?  (Read 2231 times)

maintainin

• Recent member
Can MC Play premium content recorded in WMC?
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:59:39 am »

I have a ceton infinitv tuner on the way this week and this will be my first experience with TV in a HTPC Environment. I asked this question over in the jriver MC forum and was directed here as a more appropriate place to ask this question. I know that as far as watching live and recording premium channels(copy once, you know  you know like HBO, Cinemax, etc...) that I am pretty much stuck with WMC. I've been told that I can playback TV that was recorded with WMC in JRiver MC. It wasn't made clear though whether this pertains only to copy freely TV recordings or any kind of TV recording. I'm guessing it's only copy freely material? Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Can MC Play premium content recorded in WMC?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:32:50 am »

I do not know the answer.  We use Mcrosoft's Decrypt/Tag filter when we play wtv files, but I do not know whether that would take care of DRM.  The best thing to do is to try it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

maintainin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:52:43 am »

Thanks, I will do that.

maintainin

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 05:22:41 pm »

Well I randomly recorded two movies in windows media center. The 13th warrior off Showtime and the Bourne Legacy off HBO. Pointed to the wmc recorded tv folder and they both played back fine in MC. So maybe it's certain movies or shows?  Who actually sets the limit? Is it up to the movies owner and they dictate to the provider whether it's copy freely or copy once/never? Or is it really up to the provider on how strict they want to be? Probably a bit of both I'm guessing. My provider is Midcontinent communications.
Pages: [1]   Go Up