INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library problems importing–Can a library be imported in an is condition from WMP  (Read 1363 times)

mgreg123

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi There,

I’m having some serious issues when importing CDs with various artists from my WMP library. For example when importing 1 CD with 17 tracts -Classic Soul Ballads into  JRiver it shows up as 17 cover art images with 1 song and artist each.

In the WPM library it shows as 1 cover art image with 17 tracts and the correct artist per tract. Could the WMP library be imported in an as is condition? Or are there some settings that could be changed so as to mirror the WMP library?

Any help would be deeply appreciated. I have so much time into trying to fix the library it’s frustrating.

Thanks,

Michael G
 :(

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

This is a common problem for users that import files with messy tag data.  Check the Album tags for all the files - they need to be exactly the same across the tracks.  Select all the tracks in the album, open the Action Window and select Tag.  If Album says [Varies], then click the [Varies] value and change it to the Album name you want.  Press Enter or mouse away to accept the value.  Refresh the view - F5 will do.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mgreg123

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Library problems importing–Can a library be imported in an is WMP
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 08:29:15 pm »

Thank You,

The advice you gave me was excellent and worked. I t took me all day,but delighted, I have one more question.

I have a second server, so how would I transfer this exact library to the other server? I'm thinking, the file structure would need to be identical on both servers then I would then need to restore the back up from the first server. Would that be correct?

The help you gave me was fantastic, I don't want to mess this up so I'm looking for your guidance again.

Which would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Michael G

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Are the two systems on the same network?

Because there's no need then.  Every copy of MC is a client, but they can also be servers and serve the Library data to remote copies of MC (even over the Internet if you want).  If you can mount identical network shares (all files imported into MC via UNC paths, or using the same Drive Letter via Network Drives or some other means), it works absolutely brilliantly on a LAN (and streaming music works great over the WAN if you have sufficient upstream bandwidth).  These features are all contained under the Media Network umbrella term (which also enables DLNA and apps like JRemote).

You can also sync your Library manually with a remote copy via the Library Manager, though on a LAN it would almost certainly be best to just use Media Network and connect directly to the "master Library".  But the manual Sync will even copy files over for you, I think (I admit, I've never used it).

Lastly, you can do a Library Backup and then restore it on the other machine, though you'd have to move or sync the files yourself via some other method (GoodSync or SyncBack come to mind).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mgreg123

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi Glynor,

The server with the library I want copy is at my work. The music files are stored on a local drive of the media server. The Meta data of the library is stored on the domain at my work on a different computer. Access by internet would not be permitted.

The tags are now perfect so I want transfer both the music and Meta data to my home media server with the library being exactly like the one at work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael G

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

Hi Glynor,

The server with the library I want copy is at my work. The music files are stored on a local drive of the media server. The Meta data of the library is stored on the domain at my work on a different computer. Access by internet would not be permitted.

The tags are now perfect so I want transfer both the music and Meta data to my home media server with the library being exactly like the one at work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael G

Let's continue conversation in your new, more specific post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86877.0

However, please note that glynor has give you some options, esp. the last two paragraphs, which you should test to see what works for you.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up