INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matt - I tried your smartlist advice but am having a problem  (Read 1033 times)

Gregg D

Matt - I tried your smartlist advice but am having a problem
« on: February 25, 2002, 04:19:00 am »

Upon your advice I recently created a few samrt lists using the rating system. There are 5 seperate lists like so: #1)Bad, rating=1 ~n3,#2)OK, rating=2 ~n4, #3)Good, rating=3 ~n13, #4) Great)rating=4 ~n20, #5) Awesome, rating=5 ~n15, that is total of 55 songs. When I create another smart list to select 55 songs from say just my "island songs playlist" then also to apply the above mentioned smart lists I only get a list of 6-12 songs. This same scenario repeats itself in any combination when I use the rating smart lists.  What am I doing wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Matt - I tried your smartlist advice but am having a problem
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2002, 04:25:22 am »

What am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing.  My first guess would be that you don't have enough songs in one of the rating slots.  So, you're asking for 13 songs with a 3 rating, but since you narrowed it to only your "island songs", there aren't enough to get 13.

Could that be?

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gregg D

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2002, 04:31:02 am »

I checked the ratings smartlists and there are the propoer number of songs in each of those lists.  However when I go to the island smartlist there are only 6 songs.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2002, 08:10:04 am »

But are there at least 3 bad island songs, 4 OK island songs, 13 Good island songs, 20 Great island songs, and 15 Awesome island songs in your library?

You've applied 2 sets of rules here. One is to find island songs. The next is to find, within that set of island songs, 3 bad, 4 OK, etc.

If you only have 2 island songs with a bad rating, then MJ is only going to be able to stick 2 songs in there instead of the 3 you asked for. The same goes for the other ratings.

Gregg D

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2002, 09:01:32 am »

That is just the thing.  There are the correct number of songs in each group.  good bad etc.  But when you get the final result there are not 55 songs.  Just 6 or 8.  To be sure I am clear, if you look at the smart list for good there will be 13 songs, Awesome 15 songs etc..

It is just that the final result of the rules only delivers 6-8 songs.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2002, 09:46:26 am »

So if you look at the rule that specifies "15 Awesome Island Songs" you see 15 awesome island songs? And the same for all of the other groups? But then when you try the entire playlist group, you only get 6 total?

Do you have all of these smartlists under a single playlist group? Or are they individual smartlists? Do you have the ratings groups specified seperatly from the Island songs?

(if you haven't already) Try creating a playlist group called Island Songs or whatever. Then inside of that playlist group create each of your smartlists and make each smartlist specify both the rating AND the Island music genre. And then play the Island Songs playlist group.

So each smartlist rule should have as a rule something similar to this : |PLS|rating=[5] |PLS|genre=[Island] ~n2

Gregg D

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2002, 10:29:35 am »

Yep that solved the problem.  I guess they all have to be in the same "group".  Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up