INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Search - Number keys not mapping correctly  (Read 1455 times)

goaudio

• Recent member
Theater View Search - Number keys not mapping correctly
« on: January 17, 2014, 08:48:02 am »

Hi All,

I am controlling Media Center via iRule by using Core Commands.  Everything for the most part works great.  I've built a keyboard in iRule to assist with searches and here is where my problem arises.  All of the letter keys on the keyboard work as expected but the number keys are producing strange results.  Here are the results I get when I hit the various number keys:

1 - not sure, looks like backspace
2 - a
3 - d
4 - g
5 - j
6 - m
7 -p
8 -t
9 - w
0 - again, not sure, possibly pg down?

Here are the details of my setup:

Media Center 19.0.67
using the search function within the default theater view skin under gadgets
using core command 27000, with parameter 49 for '1', parameter 50 for '2' and so on
all other core commands work fine within my setup

Here is the really strange part - just typing the numbers on the computer keyboard produces the same results.  This would be typing the numbers above the letters, not on the number keypad, although I've tried the number keypad as well and it produces the same results.  Shift+number produces the expected results (ie - $,%,^,&), it is just the base numbers 1-0 that do not map correctly.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?  I do not want to have to scroll through the alphabet list and number list on the screen when I do searches.

On a side note, does anyone know of a way to bring up the search screen in theater view via core commands, or does it have to be done by moving through the scrollers?

I appreciate any help or insight anyone can provide.

Thanks much,
Brian

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View Search - Number keys not mapping correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 09:08:16 am »

1 - not sure, looks like backspace
2 - a
3 - d
4 - g
5 - j
6 - m
7 - p
8 - t
9 - w
0 - again, not sure, possibly pg down?

Actually the codes are like what you find on a telephone as follows:

2 - abc
3 - def
4 - ghi
5 - jkl
6 - mno
7 - pqrs
8 - tuv
9 - wxyz

And if you press (say) "2"  three times quickly in succession then the navigation should take you to "c". (But sometimes the timing of the key presses can be rather critical...)
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

goaudio

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:25:58 am »

Actually the codes are like what you find on a telephone as follows:

2 - abc
3 - def
4 - ghi
5 - jkl
6 - mno
7 - pqrs
8 - tuv
9 - wxyz

And if you press (say) "2"  three times quickly in succession then the navigation should take you to "c". (But sometimes the timing of the key presses can be rather critical...)

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.  I appreciate it.

But that still begs the question: How does one go about entering a number via the keyboard?  Or, more importantly, what parameter numbers (key codes) do I use along with Core Command 27000 to produce numbers 1 through 0?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 09:27:45 am »

But that still begs the question: How does one go about entering a number via the keyboard?

Good question ...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

gappie

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:22:30 pm »

But that still begs the question: How does one go about entering a number via the keyboard?  Or, more importantly, what parameter numbers (key codes) do I use along with Core Command 27000 to produce numbers 1 through 0?

I would be interested to know that too.. there is already a small wiki page I made in the 14 days with the few known.. but when there would be a list with all, ill update it.. :)

:)
gab

goaudio

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:26:59 pm »

Good question ...

Is anyone able to provide any insight as to how to input numbers 1 through 0 via the keyboard or core command 27000 in theater view search mode.  I can't be the only one who doesn't like scrolling through a bunch of numbers and letters to input a search string...

Thanks much,
Brian

gappie

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 09:52:49 am »

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.  I appreciate it.

I stumbled over the right codes for numbers using mcc 27000. I added to the wiki http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MCC_KEYSTROKE

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up