INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 8 issues  (Read 953 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Windows 8 issues
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:22:32 am »

I just upgraded my HTPC to windows 8.  So far I'm hating it with a passion but I hope that with a little help I can get it working as well as it did before on windows 7.  I need help with a couple of things though, probably a growing list but I'll start small.

1.  On windows 7 MC19 would load up as soon as the computer booted up with the "run media center on startup" option on.  Windows 8 seems to over ride this option and always brings up the windows start screen

2.  The remote doesn't function from the windows start screen.  The first issue wouldn't be such a problem if just pushing the green windows button on my remote opened MC19 like it used to, but it doesn't anymore.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows 8 issues
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:32:50 am »

I'm running MC19 on Win8 and it starts up when the computer boots. The Win8 desktop shows for a few seconds more than on my Win7 machine before MC loads. My Harmony remote works the same in Win8 as it does in Win7 (within MC program).
I'm sure you know about the setting at Tools>Options>Startup> "Run Media Center on Windows startup".

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:14:51 am »

In Win8.1 (win 8.0 didn't have this) you can go straight to the desktop instead of the new Metro start screen. I'm not sure where this option is hiding and can't check at the moment).

Smoerrebroed

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:43:35 am »

In Win 8.1 right click on the taskbar, go to properties and then to the folder navigation. Choose there the option "go to the desktop instead of start". Please note that this option is only available with Win8.1 and not with Win8  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up