INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: marantz and mac  (Read 1685 times)

leebrendalee

• Recent member
marantz and mac
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:09:43 pm »

Hello,

I have been looking at this program for about a year and finally I think I can use it.  Here's my setup but I'm confused about the 'sound'.

HDMI from Mac to samsung tv HDMI2

from the maranatz I have the various things plugged in and the main sound goes from output on the tv to the marantz ...

I put the amp on cbl/sat and the tv on hdmi2. I can see my Mac no problem but I cannot figure out how to get JRiver to play through the amp....I thought I had it going there for a second but I heard music and the tv show..LOL it was odd.

I've confused myself and not sure where to start. I went under settings on JRiver and tried all the audio outputs but could'nt get it.  On my mac I opened up sound and output shows internal speakers and samsung...

any ideas or youtube videos or somewhere here for instructions that I am missing? thanks very much,

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
Re: marantz and mac
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:34:20 pm »

Try this:

Launch Audio MIDI setup and ensure output is set to your Samsung.

Next launch MC. Check Tools->Options->Audio

Ensure under Audio Device you Samsung is selected.

Also ensure if you have System volume enabled that you do have it on Maximum output.

See if that works.

As an aside i have a Marantz Pre and a Samsung TV. I have all inputs going into the Marantz which they feeds them to the Samsung for the video. Is there a reason you have HDMI from the Mac going to the Samsung instead of the Marantz, and which model Marantz do you have?
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

leebrendalee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:05:34 pm »

Thanks for reply.  The Marantz is new, NR1403.  I just plugged it into media on the back of it now from the TV.  Not sure why I didn't do that before maybe I couldn't get it working but trying again.  Does that  mean your instructions will change above because of course when I did that Samsung no longer shows up.  I'm just waiting for hubby to finish watching whatever he is watching then I will check.  Thanks for helping. BTW, stupid question does JRiver media play video? I see it imported all my music: cool!!

leebrendalee

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 01:14:12 pm »

ok it worked.  I now have it plugged into the amp from computer..THANK YOU.!! very clever........  ;-) I put the output hdmi

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 10:32:10 pm »

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am glad it worked!

The Mac version currently does not support video playback, that is only supported in the PC version of MC.

Barr

Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

leebrendalee

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 10:39:26 pm »

oh interesting, at least its something to look forward too. I wonder if I can buy just the one version and use the mac for audio and put the pc version on bootcamp...because of course I have windows on that side.  I really really love JRiver..anything to get rid of Itunes... 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 07:29:22 am »

You can do that.  Try it before you buy.  But the licenses are separate.  You would need one for each OS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up