INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Issue  (Read 1573 times)

Talisker

• Recent member
Cover Art Issue
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:14:01 pm »

1. Why am I receiving this message? (The files are not in use by any other program)

2 How does one define whether the album art is saved into the music file itself?
Currently all of my artwork is located in the Roaming section of AppData... If I move it to a more convenient location on my hard drive, will the artwork no longer be assigned to my tracks/artists etc in MC?

3. Are there any read/write differences between FLAC & WAV Files?

4. I have just downloaded a "Mix CD" off the internet... how can I set MC up to play the files in the order that they were mixed in?

5. How can I reset all of the "Sort Columns" in my music library?

Thanks in advance!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Cover Art Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:22:40 pm »

1. Check the permissions of the files and folder path to the files.

2. Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art > Also store image in the file's tag.  See also Cover Art.

3. WAV files don't standardize tagging.  MC will tag them, but other apps may not read the tags (and vice versa).

4. Fill in the correct Disc # (clear it, if the tracks are only from a single disc), Track #, and either clear Album Artist or set Album Artist to a single value to be used for the compilation.  The default views will sort correctly, and playback will work from the view's order.

5. Right-click the column header, select Presets, and select Audio.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Talisker

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 02:32:38 pm »

Thanks a lot!

Talisker

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:38:24 pm »

I just performed your fix for step number 5. After resetting it to preset>audio, I can still see 1,2,3,4 with ↑ & ↓ next to them. AFAIK the only way of resetting these is to remove the columns and add them again... or am I missing something?

MrC

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 02:45:07 pm »

You're welcome.

What do you mean "reset"?

The file list sorting is controlled under the view's Set rules for file display.  Select View > Customize View > Set rules for file display, and examine any possible Sort modifies.

A view will also inherit from its parent (in your case, the top-level Audio container), and the Audio container uses the built in sort order for Audio.  So you can either configure the view to ignore its parent's rules for file display, or create your own sort order in the view by setting a Sort modifier in the view's customization.

Talisker

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

When I open MC out of the box, none of the columns are sorted. Let's say I want to sort all of my audio with the highest bitrate from top to bottom.... I would simply click on the "Bitrate" column at the top and it would sort everything either ascending or descending, and will assign "1" to that column. If I then click on "Genre" I will see that "Bitrate" will have been assigned a "2" next to it whilst "genre" takes "1". This mean that I can sort everything by Bitrate as a parent value, and Genre as a child value.

What I would like to do is reset these numbers so that there aren't any there, giving me the opportunity to start from scratch with a different sort combination order.

I hope I am making sense this time (I am in my head, although I have a had a few drinks) :

MrC

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

The sort indicators (those little 1's and 2's, etc. in the File List's headers) are not always shown, and even when not, sorting may still be occurring based on the view.  Some of the explanation is esoteric and I feel this is an area for improvement.

If you want certain sort orders in the File List, then you'll have to a) most likely disable the Group By feature for the File List, and b) setup your own Sort order modifier in the view's Set rules for file display.

What you might want to do is create a custom view, perhaps a Panes view, and add the columns you want, including perhaps Bitrate for easy selection.  Set the view's Set rules for file display to sort in the order you want.

(btw. sort keys are generally called Primary, Secondary, etc.)

Talisker

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »

Got it... Thanks again!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up