INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: discogs.pl: a Discogs metadata scraper and dummy file creator  (Read 52469 times)

fucheeno

• Recent member
Re: discogs.pl: a Discogs metadata scraper and dummy file creator
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2014, 11:49:51 am »

Is this script still working or did discogs change something in the API?

I too would love to know.  I have been trying to get this working on both Mac and Windows without any luck.  Thanks.

noisyscott

• Recent member
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2015, 05:46:53 pm »

Thanks for the script MrC.  Looks really promising, but I can't seem to get it to work. I believe I have all of the perl modules installed correctly (on a mac), but it fails with the following:
Code: [Select]
Uncaught exception from user code:
Clipboard does not appear to have copied track data.
Select the files in MC and they will be copied automatically.
Or use the --create option to create dummy files
Stopped at discogs.pl line 198.

Perl command history just for reference:
sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Text::CSV'
sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install JSON::XS'
sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Roman'
sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Mac::Pasteboard'

What is strange is that I can verify that MC copies over the file paths by first selecting files in MC, then switching  to the Terminal and pasting the file paths, like so:
/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/01 - I Don't Ever Want To Come Down.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/02 - Before You Accuse Me.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/03 - Make That Girl Your Own.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/04 - You Can't Hurt Me Anymore.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/05 - Splash One.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/06 - Tried To Hide.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/07 - You're Gonna Miss Me.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/08 - Everybody Needs Somebody.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/09 - Satisfaction.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/10 - I'm Down.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/11 - Roller Coaster.flac/Users/scott/Music/JRiver/Links/xfer/13th Floor Elevators/13th Floor Elevators - Elevator Tracks (1966) (jpstooges Vinyl Rip)/12 - I Feel Good.flac

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2015, 07:31:45 pm »

This thread has been locked and while it contains useful additional info, the script utility has been removed and is now superseded with the single MCUtils script package
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up