INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote on iPad Air not connecting to MC19 Server on PC  (Read 2653 times)

RevDave

JRemote on iPad Air not connecting to MC19 Server on PC
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:57:40 am »

When first installed this app worked great - woke my pc, connected and played music to various WDTV media players around the house. Now it has stopped connecting. The strange thing is that the Gizmo app on my Android phone still works with the same PC and media players. I have tried connecting JRemote using the IP address but get the message: "ERROR. Could not connect to your computer. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network." or via the Access Code which generates the following message: "ERROR. Access key was verified, but computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network." I also checked the Windows Firewall and JRiver MC was still checked. Help appreciated as I really like controlling playback of my music on the iPad.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote on iPad Air not connecting to MC19 Server on PC
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:16:18 am »

Try restarting the iPad.  Is it connecting to the network OK and can it see the internet? Does it get an IP address that's in the same subnet as your network?

RevDave

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 08:28:33 am »

This problem went away and I don't know why which is unfortunate because I don't know what to do now to fix it again. JRemote worked great until today and then it has stopped again. Gizmo on my Android phone still works fine.

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 10:15:31 pm »

I am running MC19 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and using an iPad Air with iOS 7.1 and have not yet seen this issue.
I have had on and off issues with other iPad's just deciding not to work with my WiFi every now and then and could never ping it down, just started working.
Android on a Nexus 7 did not have WiFi issues but Chrome goes crazy every now and then and needs the cache cleared.

Pages: [1]   Go Up