INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging network files from one PC - no tags shown on other PCS  (Read 901 times)

psam

• World Citizen
Tagging network files from one PC - no tags shown on other PCS
« on: February 10, 2014, 02:35:49 pm »

I keep all my media on NAS folders, accessible from PCs/tablets etc.
I am keeping two individual libraries on two different PCs instead of going for the client/server approach.
When I tag a track from one PC , the ratings field specifically, the track tagging is not updated on the other PC even when I force an auto import on that one ...
Why is this?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Tagging network files from one PC - no tags shown on other PCS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:27:28 pm »

Do you have Tag writing enabled in MC and in auto-import, as well as Update for external changes in auto-import?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:37 pm »

Do you have Tag writing enabled in MC and in auto-import, as well as Update for external changes in auto-import?
Yes I do. I am not having problems with all tag fields. Renaming the Artist or Album from one PC goes through and when the second PC Auto Imports the new tags show just fine. I notice the problem only when I am adding Ratings on tracks.
If I tag ratings to selected tracks say by Tony Jow White from one PC, when I am trying to select these tracks and put them in a playlist on the other PC the tagsa are not there....

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 06:15:12 pm »

I find that ratings update in both directions.  It can take about 2 minutes for the push to occur, so test a rating change on one side, wait a few minutes, and then move the mouse over the item on the other side (row updates occur on view refreshes or mouse-overs).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up